Daily commute

char1ie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2015
It's only purpose is to bike to work. I am not a pleasure cyclist. Apart from a 100m uphill stretch, on the whole it's pretty flat. I was almost set on the Granite Pro. But after seeing the Big Bear I am swaying towards that

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A commute is a journey to work, so when the OP said 10 miles, I took it to mean he had 10 miles to come home again.

Clearly, if the total daily mileage is 10 miles, than a 10ah battery would be sufficient.

But as trex has pointed out, there are other advantages to a bigger battery.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With only 10 miles a day to cover, that eZee Sprint Primo I mentioned before can be with the standard battery at £749. That has a Nexus three speed hub gear, enough gear range for your fairly easy route.

Blackgold

Jul 14, 2014
I am looking to buy my first electric bike for a 10 mile daily commute. Obstacles on the route include gravel paths inclined path & normal road. It will also need to be ridden in rain, wind & snow, so major components have to be weather proof.
I want to spend no more than £1000 & want pedal assist & throttle control. I am also 6'3" & 15st. I am lost in a sea of good bikes & rubbish. Any help would be much appreciated.
The London Electric Bike Company have the Kudos Tourer on special offer at the moment,is available at £765.00 for the diralleur version or £795.00 for the hub bike. It has the long life Lithium battery. I bought a Tornado from them am well pleased with it.

char1ie

Jan 18, 2015
Anyone come across or had experience of a bike call Veliac One? Someone is selling 1 local for £380

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's about the right price if in perfect condition, although personally, I would not pay more than £250 because it will be difficult to get spares or support.
veliac.es used to be the manufacturers. I think they've gone under.
I've seen them in a couple of shops in France about 2 years ago. Their bikes are unremarkable. The Veliac One has 36V 9AH battery and an SWX clone motor.

Jonathan Pallant

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2015
I've just been around the same loop, only my commute is 14 miles each way and almost completely flat. I test rode, and very nearly bought, the Woosh Big Bear. It's a cracking bike, but I really needed to buy with a Cyclescheme voucher to make the numbers work and Woosh can't do that. The Kalkhoff Groove F7 was a contender, as was the Batribike Granite Pro and the Momentum Model T. In the end I plumped for a Kudos Tourer with the Nexus-8 hub.