Damage to the Electric Bike Industry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I noticed you have now removed the specifics of the company involved, probably wise :)

Having checked their web site, before you did, they certainly comes across as a legit business having even featured thier bikes on the gadget show.

I assume another company in China is cloning your bike designs ?

Regards

Jerry

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
What did he think he was buying ? It wasnt branded Wisper even if it looks like one so why did he buy it? Are they cheaper than Wisper's ?If so it looks like he was trying to have his cake and eat it.Tough .His gripe is from when he bought it and nothing to do with Wisper .There's crap copy products on sale of every thing ,not just ebikes .If I bought a shoddy pair of trainers I'd take them back to the shop and ask for refund as theyre not fit for purpose.It wouldnt put me off trainers for life ! Dont give too much time to this guy,move on imho.I'd make sure that the Wisper and your dealers say some thing like " If it doesnt say Wisper on the frame then its not a Wisper " and " Whilst immitation is flattering ,it can leave you with an expensive mistake " or similar

Get your lawyers to get them to remove all traces of your name and references to Wisper from their site.If not you could look for loss of earnings.The look of the bike you can do little about as discussed in previous thread on the same topic

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
What I cant fathom is as the chap lives in London, why buy this thing from Southampton?:confused:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
No idea Eddie, I think he was sold due to the 6 year battery warrantee (now removed).

I will send you the letter I received to your private address, now removed from the Forum.

I got angry and posted it but in hindsight it really is not worth getting too upset over.

All the best

David