Daymak Shadow e-bike

Trex 850

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Interesting concept,,, Like the idea of no cables and almost minimalistic appearance about it but those wheels look urrgh !!!,, and as for the 2.4 ghz system ,lets hope it's not anything like Futaba's FHSS setup- used for r/c helicopters/planes,etc... A recall was implemented when it was discovered that a large portion of the first batch were all given the same guide code :eek:

At our model flying club, two of our members could both control each others models, luckily this was found out before the aircraft were airborne, -imagine the scene if 2 shadow e riders just happened to meet each other on the open road,,,,,,,,,,,

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
From a technology point of view it's interesting but I'm not so sure from a practical point of view. Big heavy front wheel will affect handling and act like a gyroscope, no way it seems to charge the battery off bike and the coaster rear brakes can be a pain to use if trying to start off on a hill....also they can fail and I would not want to rely on regen braking as my back up brake! 26Kg is no lightweight either.....

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Wait till a side wind hits those wheels.. wobble wobble.. tree.. bus... arrrrrrrrrr :eek:

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Wireless brakes?

That it uses wireless to control every aspect of the bike is a little disconcerting. What happens when you are in a noisy (at rf frequencies) environment and you need to stop suddenly and your bike thinks its being told to accelerate?

Ride by wire I would be more ok with, but wireless? I don't think so.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, yet another dud posing as bringing something special to e-biking. The hype giveaway as ever is the inevitable claim to being an originator:

"Yeg Baiocchi is a visionary entrepreneur who foresaw the need for electric bicycles and scooters in 2001 for the Canadian market."

Presumably never heard of Heinzmann who first launched their bike motor over 90 years ago, or Currie Electrodrive and the Canadian company BionX, both whose motor design origins are in the Arab oil crisis of the early 1970s.