Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
  • :D
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Will there be conversion kit manufacturers demonstrating their wares?

Can I bring my most excellent conversion for others to try, lust after and despair, for it will never be theirs?
With lights on you would be the canter of this event.

... but there is still room for improvement. For example good sound effects:

You can install decent size bookshelf speakers as panniers and subwoofer in basket on handlebars.
;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'll give this event a miss. The absence of conversion kits is irritating, and all that hypothetical hill climbing will get on my nerves. They should've constructed at least one artificial hill - pointless otherwise for buyers intending to use their new ebikes in the real world. Useless having just a level track.

You can install decent size bookshelf speakers as panniers and subwoofer in basket on handlebars.
;)
I did that two years ago, two bookshelf speakers and a Vamp amp:

Groups of young people got into the party mood, as my electronic music passed by. Classical got no response. And now I have a 20A 36V to 12V converter and inverter, so can use my powerful AC amps, many speakers, and bike trailer. I stopped because I ended up cycling too fast, it's the same in gyms.

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
@saneagle's Mad Max lights were bigger and much brighter.
Maybe... but as a whole your package delivers much stronger punch. What have you got? Spoke lights, strobe lights, extension handlebar rod, high vis jacket, full face helmet etc etc and all of that on a folder.
I don't want to offend Seneagle, but when it comes to special effects he plays in completely different league ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Maybe... but as a whole your package delivers much stronger punch. What have you got? Spoke lights, strobe lights, extension handlebar rod, high vis jacket, full face helmet etc etc and all of that on a folder.
I don't want to offend Seneagle, but when it comes to special effects he plays in completely different league ;)
I'll wait till the streets are wet with rain and film myself cycling, I want to know why people keep bursting into laughter at the sight of my bike. Bit too dry and cold at the moment, but there will eventually be A Video.

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I'll wait till the streets are wet with rain and film myself cycling, I want to know why people keep bursting into laughter at the sight of my bike. Bit too dry and cold at the moment, but there will eventually be A Video.
Fantastic. Do you have a drone?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Fantastic. Do you have a drone?
No, but @Nealh has zillions of them. It'll be a quick and dirty vid shot at pedestrian and car driver eye levels with static camera, preferably DSLR...on a dark lonely and wet and reflective stretch of road in the middle of the night, when nobody is around to steal my expensive DSLR, lens and tripod - failing that my GoPro and/or cheapo Crosstour 4k tripoded. Then we'll see what about my bike makes ladies burst into laughter as I pass by...

We all miss the happy times at the Redbridge event with Wisper, Gocycle, Juicy, Kudos, 50 Cycles, Battribike?, etc., and it was free.
Will you be attending? I bet you're tempted by the prospect trying out a whole bunch of new bikes.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi All,

Just an FYI, if you are in the market and wondering what to buy, there's a Demo Event at Lee Valley on April 28th with loads of brands going. All the info here:

https://www.cyclingelectric.com/news/cycling-electric-demo-day-launches

Mark
What ebike battery fire prevention measures do the exhibitors or organisers have in place? Is UPP going to be there? Are there a great many exits? Will ebikes be stored anywhere near a large number of electric cars? A reporter on this forum appears very interested in ebike fires. Will the exhibitors be ordering a lot of fast food deliveries? Prevent exhibitors using each other's chargers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Az.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For £15? Why would anybody pay £15 ro buy an electric bike, when you can go in any shop and do it for nothing?
You could order a takeaway for that, and interview the ebike delivery guy for free.

I don't see this event being attractive at that price - perhaps they're hoping once punter wallets have been prised open for the £15 initial buy in, they'll remain slightly ajar and punters will keep spending?

Reactions: saneagle

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
no one will let me demo there bikes for review prob because id brake them all :p

Given sufficient numbers, someone's bound to lose a limb and get a massive payout.

I seriously doubt there's a bike at that event very elderly unfit cyclists would find easier to pedal than my conversion, for many miles up hills and down dales with such ease. I could make pedalling even easier by reducing chainwheel size from 52T to 42T.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Maybe if the forum admin go and a few members, I might be tempted to go. it's nice to see people face to face and chat with them. it's been a while since I've seen Russ and Helen, and they're lovely people. That was one of the best things about Redbridge

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Pre covid the home brew forum thbf held an annual spring thing (weekend of camping and free beer and brewtalk) - Im no longer a participant- health reasons for giving up the beer ;( but a fun weekend where folk brought all their diy brewkit for a swap-meet and how to workshops sharing tools (cutting neat holes in all size SS vessels wiring pid controllers/brewfridges etc )

An Ebike event (everyone should be fine ridding/driving home..) focusing on the conversion side of things would certainly interest me..

How about a 60's mod style takeover of brighton seafront ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We all miss the happy times at the Redbridge event with Wisper, Gocycle, Juicy, Kudos, 50 Cycles, Battribike?, etc., and it was free.
We are thinking about arranging a free eBike festival in Sevenoaks just off the M25 in the Spring under our Retail Business name Sevenoaks Electric Bikes. We already represent Scott, Orbea and GoCycle in the area and are in talks with Riese and Muller and Moustache. SEB have just become a full Shimano Service Centre one of only two in Kent and are already a Bosch service centre. https://sevenoakselectricbikes.com/

Other brands would be welcome to join us for a small fee, but it will be a free event to the public.

I will start another thread nearer to the date, but what is the apatite amongst you pedelecers?

All the best, David

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
A little far away - 566 miles, but I'd drop in if passing!

Reactions: Wisper Bikes