Diamond frame Agattu

Sep 24, 2007
I just cancelled my order for a diamond frame Agattu. After repeated requests for a return phone call by phone, e-mail and answering service, and being told that "Tim isn't at his desk right now", 50Cycles told me that delivery will be in March, not "mid-January" as originally suggested. I've had repeated promises of "delivery will be next week" and a surreal conversation today in which I was told that I had, in fact, only phoned once regarding this bike. In fact at least 4 phone calls and several e-mails remained unanswered and several requests for a call back were ignored but I was told this morning that I was "exaggerating". At that point, I decided to terminate involvement with these people, cancel my order and ask for a refund of my deposit.

I dread to think what aftersales would be like in the event of warranty work being needed on any of their products (aren't people being given the runaround about batteries, I seem to remember) or, indeed, any form of communication with 50Cycles. Personally, I'm not prepared to accept this kind of thing, regardless of how wonderful the bike is supposed to be. Evasion, "delivery next week" statements and being told I've only phoned once was enough for me.

So, if you want a 57cm diamond frame Agattu.....give them a ring. Good luck.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2007
Yes, it's been a great disappointment. As of this evening, the refund has not reached my account although I have been told that this may take up to 48 hours.

Ironically, whilst I love e-bikes and really wanted one of these, my disappointment is alleviated by a great sense of relief in not having to deal with 50Cycles any more. And I'm someone who would gladly have parted with £1200+ to buy one of these bikes and possibly a Pro-Connect too later. In my own business dealings, I would be mortified if any of my customers felt like that but, as you mentioned today, Scott, the repeated non-arrival of my order "isn't a problem". It definitely isn't now.

Thanks for the refund. I'll make a final post on this thread to confirm when the payment reaches my card.

Sep 24, 2007
Well, after reading the many extremely useful posts on this site, especially those from flecc, regarding the Panasonic motor setup on the Agattu, I'd really set my heart on one of those and paid £240 deposit to order one. Unfortunately, 50Cycles have a monopoly on importing (or rather not, so far) the Kalkhoff bike, so I can't go to the Electric Transport Shop (where Eddie, in the Cambridge branch is unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable). In fact I asked Eddie first re the Agattu and had to go to 50Cycles instead as he is not allowed to supply one.

I reckon now, I'll have to buy another Wisper but this time a German 905SE and not the UK 905e I had before. As we all know, the 905SE is still available in Germany at about 30% less than here. Now that it has a bigger battery and better forks and other things, I think it'll have to be one of those. I do think that a Wisper 905SE at the German price of £900, and having it now, beats an Agattu at £1200 at some unspecified point in the future from somewhere that I personally found unpleasant to deal with. Yep... a 905SE, I reckon

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
I can see where you are coming from. companys should not make commitments they cannot honour. at least your refund was prompt.
good luck with the new bike.:)