DIY Halogen Lights

MR16 3*1W 12VDC/AC .300-400Lumens .LED auto bulbs too .

Dear All ,

How are you ?
We are manufacturer of led household bulbs and autobulbs .Project lamps .
1.)Led household bulbs: ( Equivalent Incandescent Bulbs )
MR11 9LEDS .G4 Bulb .
MR16 1W,3W,3*1W
GU10 1W,3W,3*1W ,3*2w
JDRE27 1W,3W,3*1W .
E14 1W,3W,3*1W .
PAR20 3*1W .3*2W
PAR30 5*1W .7*1W .
(12V or 85-265V .)
PAR38 12*1W .( 85-260V )
Low power MR16 ,GU10 With 12LEDs.with reflector ( 0.72w) .
PAR30 with 60LEDs( 3.6W).PAR38 With 108LEDs .
We have 2800K ,3000K ,3200K ,4000K .5000k ,6700K ,11000K .12000K color temperature for choice .But All with same Price .

2) Led deocration bulbs .led wall washer ,led underground lamps .Led linear lamp
3)Led strip lamps : 5meter/reel .Can bent and cut .waterproof .choice of color .: red,yellow,blue,green,white .RGB .5meter/reel .12V .can bent ,cut .
4) Led autobulbs : T5Wedge .
. T8Wedge.(T8 Concave BA9S )
T10Wedge(T10BA9S) ,3-LED ,4LEDS.5LEDs.6LEDS
,T15Wedge,BA9S
Super Festoon 33mm ,37mm 42mm 44mm
(.single chip .3chips) .red,Yellow,blue, ,green .cool white (6500k) .warm white (3000-3200k).
.T25,18,27,36LEDs .Superflux tower 13,20LEDs.
BA15S ,BAY15D ,BA15S,3157 ,etc .
3157 -12,19,36,45LEDs .
4) The delivery cost will depend on your order ( weight of your order )
5)We never ignore small orders .

We provide Time warrenty : One year ( all LED products )

We also Do OEM service for worldwide customers .thanks .

Thanks & best regards

Danny Duan
Export manager
shenzhen lux lighting technologies co.,ltd
China Power MR16 3*1W-shenzhen Lux lighting techco.,ltd
T10BA9S-02A, China, BA9S, led auto light, led bulb
Add: 904 ,124Building ,Mingle New village ,Longhua ,shenzhen ,china ,
Tel.0086-755-28096562 。0086-755-28096561-888
Fax.0086-755-28096562
E-mail: luxlighting@126.com / duanjian_2006@yahoo.com.cn
Msn;gtl-guangzhou-danny@hotmail.com
Yahoo ID : duanjian_2006
Skype; sinocolighting

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
Hi,

I started this thread some time ago, got sent abroad, lost half the bits, got distracted etc. However I have now made the lights. I am reasonably happy with the lights but they do have a touch of Blue Peter to them. They need some better waterproofing. I am currently testing them. The first run did not go so well, the batteries didn’t last the distance but I was kind of expecting this as they were old ones out of my son’s RC car and one pack was not accepting much charge. I have new batteries on order so will be able to carry out some proper tests soon.

What I can tell you is that the amount of light is not so bad at all. Still trying to decide what bulb to use, either a 24 degree 20w Osram IRC or a 10 degree 20w Osram IRC. The 10 degree has a fair degree of light spill but I need to try them both in anger.

The only difficult bit to source was the regulator which I got from Canada. This allows different brightness’s to be selected via a singe momentary switch, including overvolting to 13.2v. I am using 2 7.2v NIMH RC car racing packs (the new ones when they arrive are 4.5ah) placed in a series in a drinks bottle. All the other components came from my garage, a DIY store or Maplins.

If anybody is interested I can take some photos and provide a parts list. The lights are probably overkill for city/town cycling but for my commute are great. The lights have cost a fair amount to make (not added it all up yet) but given the performance I think they are money well spent and better than anything commercial I could have got for the same money.

The halogen bulbs really are very efficient when overvolted and give LEDs a really good run for their money. Good homebrew LED lights require more DIY time and skill, especially to get good focussing and light throw, wheras I made mine on a laxy Saturday afternoon from start to finish. HID would be a definite step up but also a definite hike in price that I could not justify myself.

Anyway, let me know if anybody wants photos etc. And I won't be offended if antbody thinks they are rubbish, they are working well for my needs :)

Cheers, BM.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
BM

Although I have now purchased a front light, I would be interested to see what you have come up with. Could you post the pics on this thread?

Regards

Rom

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
My photo skills could have been better in my earlier post so having had a look around I found two pics taken by a man in the Far East which accurately demonstrate the power of the SSC P7 led light.

On
http://takebeat.asablo.jp/blog/img/2008/05/04/60cd6.jpg

Off and other lights
MTE SSC P7ã‚„JetBeam JET I PRO CREE R2ã®ç…§å°„ãƒã‚§ãƒƒã‚¯: Bam!boo! Flashlight DIY

The photos are a perfect example of the power the light fitted to my handlebars provides.

Incredible, really incredible.

Last edited:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
My photo skills could have been better in my earlier post so having had a look around I found two pics taken by a man in the Far East which accurately demonstrate the power of the SSC P7 led light.

On
http://takebeat.asablo.jp/blog/img/2008/05/04/60cd6.jpg

Off and other lights
MTE SSC P7ã‚„JetBeam JET I PRO CREE R2ã®ç…§å°„ãƒã‚§ãƒƒã‚¯: Bam!boo! Flashlight DIY

The photos are a perfect example of the power the light fitted to my handlebars provides.

Incredible, really incredible.
Hi Sea

I like the look of the strength of the beam of the light, can you give me more details and pics on how it actually looks made up?
I ride down a long dark road on a Monday at 8.30pm when it is quiet. It is totally unlit and is regarded as a main road and is manic on my other days at the normal 8am/5pm rides although the cars light my way on these days.
However at 8.30 my light is rubbish and coupled with cars coming the other way on full beam with total disregard for me on my bike annoys me :mad:

Also, on my ride home at 5pm I ride a cycle path for two miles facing oncoming traffic at a stand still and find all there headlights offputting as I am sure some are on full beam as much brighter than others and want to get my own back and dazzle them!!! :D

Would appreciate some help as don't want to spend a fortune as I also need new water proofs :eek:

Many Thanks in advance
Mandy

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry for the late reply Mandy.

My advice is order these, I use this light now as my main night riding MTB light, almost all off road with no street lights. It's like someone has turned the sun back on, low and high mode, when shone alongside on my car headlamps on high at the garage door this little torch is brighter. Runtime on high 90mins, on low ages.

DealExtreme: $38.80 Aurora AK-P7-5 HA-III SSC P7-C 2-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown (1*18650)

DealExtreme: $10.00 TrustFire Protected 18650 Lithium Battery (2500mAh 2-Pack Blue)

DealExtreme: $8.44 Digital Li-Ion 18650 Battery Charger (you'll need to swap the plug for UK)

DealExtreme: $1.90 Universal Bicycle Mount

It's a US dollar exchange rate, delivery is about 2 weeks and included, you should get the lot for about £30.

And finally the Assault Crown is the slightly wavy end to the lamp which is used when having to bash someone over the head with the torch, I have not had any need to test this yet ;-}

Last edited:

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
I bought one of these on your recommendation along with 2 trustfire 16850 batteries and charger.
DealExtreme: $23.00 WF-400 3W Cree Q2 LED Flashlight (18650)

It really does work well. Draws about 0.5A and I have to charge the battery every other weekend to keep it nice and bright.

But in the search for even brighter lights i ordered up one of these P7's last week.

DealExtreme: $35.90 Aurora AK-P7-4 HA-III SSC P7-C 2-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
Which is more or less the same as the one you are recommending above. Draws nearly 2A, so i think the battery in this one will get recharged every other day.

It should be here this week i hope. I'll let the wife have the other torch.

I'll let you all know how it performs.

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Glad to have helped, I know you will be amazed by the P7 lamp.

There is something slightly unsettling in the desire to have brighter and brighter lights, I fear that when the next big thing arrives I will buy it :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Glad to have helped, I know you will be amazed by the P7 lamp.

There is something slightly unsettling in the desire to have brighter and brighter lights, I fear that when the next big thing arrives I will buy it :D
I have a perfectly good light for my commuting but this is very tempting, now the lamps are plenty bright enough maybe they will try and produce a lower colour temperature light more similar to a halogen. That I'll buy.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I am knocking an LED rear light together and have a question regarding the power supply for it.

The LED that I am using is a CREE emitter which requires an input voltage of between 1.9 – 2.2 volts and a maximum current of 750 mA. I will be powering the LED with a 3.7 volt battery via a constant current circuit which will maintain the output to the LED at 700 mA.

Am I correct in thinking that this should keep the voltage across the LED within limits as the current controlling circuit will regulate (reduce) the voltage in order to maintain 700 mA? Ohm’s law and all that.