DNP 11t

garyten

Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2014
I am just about to order a DNP 11 28t for my Big Bear, and i have bought the Park Freewheel removal tool.

Are there any other parts i would need, like spacers, shims etc ?

Is it a like for like fit, no shifting issues or spacing issues between the cogs etc, as i will be removing a Shimano 14 28t, to use the DNP.

I have done lots of searches, and DNP is not always that well liked, so i thought better to ask someone, or are there any good reasons why not to buy a DNP 11 28.

I did read or poor quality control, and a debate on 11 tooth cogs causing premature chain wear, but im still willing to consider one, unless someone here would like to share any bad experiences.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I have used Shimano and Sram 11 tooth cogs on my Tonaro. Neither last very long. In fact, I reckon that the manufacturers should supply the cog set with a few extra 11 tooth rings.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I have used Shimano and Sram 11 tooth cogs on my Tonaro. Neither last very long. In fact, I reckon that the manufacturers should supply the cog set with a few extra 11 tooth rings.
I saw some on eBay the other day. They were about £5 each if I remember correctly.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you use a 11T on a crank drive, it'll wear out very quickly because of the large power going through it from the motor plus the pedalling.

The same applies to people on non-electric bikes using DNP free-wheels. They're not the best quality, so somebody doing off-road stuff standing on the pedals all the time wil probably break one.

When you use a hub-motor with one, there's hardly any power going through it, so it'll last for ever, especially if you have a strong motor like the Woosh Big Bear. I have them in several bikes and I've never had a problem or seen any wear.

If you choose a DNP free-wheel with the same number of speeds, you shouldn't need to change anything. The most you will need is a washer if the inner stop of the axle doesn't reach outside the free-wheel.

C

Cyclezee

Are we talking 'screw on' freewheel or cassette:confused:
Doesn't the Big Bear have a front motor in which case it would be a cassette:confused:
BTW, the Park Tools remover doesn't work with 'screw on' freewheels, you need a special one that passes over the axle,

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Sorry, I was talking about cassette, where the last two sprockets are seperate from the rest of the cluster.

garyten

Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2014
I can confirm it is the Freewheel.

I can get the Dnp for £22 from china, i can also get a sunrace 13t, but some have said its only similar in quality to the Dnp, and only a 7% change in gearing.

I can also get a Shimano HG37, 13- 28T, from Germany, for £15,and i reading the reviews on Amazon.com, the tz21 shimano is better, so confused again, LOL.

I am willing to try the DNP, for £22, what harm could i do?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

garyten

Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2014
What a great idea, Trex, i didnt know the Sirocco used a cassette.

I will get in touch with Woosh, and see whats possible, as i dont know what gearing the sirocco uses, but i will find out.

Great forum this, you lot have a great wealth of info, you all have been so helpful.
Thanks.