DNP Freewheels For Rear Motors, 7 and 8 speed.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just for information DNP sold me a freewheel (11-30) and a special order cassette for less than that including postage...

Reactions: mxer
C

Cyclezee

Lucky you
Just for information DNP sold me a freewheel (11-30) and a special order cassette for less than that including postage...
Lucky you;)
The ones I am selling are the cheapest on eBay worldwide and supplied from the UK:)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Was the order shipped from China? The links posted above look like genuine UK stock, so likely will be quick delivery.
Direct from DNP in Taiwan, took 5 days to get here.

Lucky you

Lucky you;)
The ones I am selling are the cheapest on eBay worldwide and supplied from the UK:)
Just saying that they do deal direct with end users which was a pleasant surprise, not wishing to turn people away from your sale!

When I was on the market for one the USA was the only place you could get them from and d8veh had a few too at your price.

EDIT: I see they are still as rare as hens teeth (the 11-32 7 speed one).

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Direct from DNP in Taiwan, took 5 days to get here.

Just saying that they do deal direct with end users which was a pleasant surprise, not wishing to turn people away from your sale!

When I was on the market for one the USA was the only place you could get them from and d8veh had a few too at your price.

EDIT: I see they are still as rare as hens teeth (the 11-32 7 speed one).
So how long ago did you buy one, how much did you pay and what was the exchange rate at the time?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
July 2017, $10.60, 1 EUR = $1.15 so about 9.22 € + 15€ postage about 25€ in all. I thought about buying a dozen at the time and selling through e-bay but those were harder times than today...

C

Cyclezee

July 2017, $10.60, 1 EUR = $1.15 so about 9.22 € + 15€ postage about 25€ in all. I thought about buying a dozen at the time and selling through e-bay but those were harder times than today...
So that equates to £21.84 at today's exchange rate, not a massive saving and not current prices:rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
So that equates to £21.84 at today's exchange rate, not a massive saving and not current prices:rolleyes:
At the time it was £10-£15 cheaper than d8veh sending me one from the UK.

Why has no one pushed for an e-bike specific freewheel with decent range? An 8 speed with 37 mm stack height and 13-34 or 13-36 would have a huge market would it not? The big winner would be xiongda and their tiny motor. I had a rather long e-mail exchange with DNP on the subject, I think if I had placed an order for a thousand they would have built me one. What surprises me is that no one else has done it...

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
Be careful when putting too much pressure on the dnp 11t, there's no support and will break the casing on your motor! Ask me how I know..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union