Do I need drop out adaptors for Trek 6000 and Bionx kit

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I have fitted a Bionx kit to my Trek 6000. The anti spin on the axle bolt seems to be a long way out of the fairly shallow rear drop out. I have made sure nuts are very tight. I used a torque wrench last night but think it overdid it. I have now used the FT setting that has stood me in good stead for many years. Do I need some form of drop out adaptor and if so has anyone got a recommendation and or image stroke diagram of how an adaptor would work.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Replying to my own thread. I have now had a good look and remarkably the dropout on the opposite side to derailliuer is remarkable shallow and just about covers the depth of the axle. The anti spin spline is pressing against the frame as the drop out splays but I cannot say it fills me with confidence. I am a bit dissapointed as I specifically chose the Trek 6000 as it was shown with the Bionx kit on in one of their promo clips. I am thinking of having to have some form of additional locking plate made that would go over the axle and fill the quadrant left exposes on the anti spin and then fix that to the frame.