Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2010
GL12

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Oh so i have listend to your thoughts and suggestions, thank you and gone out and bought some rain stuff. Firstly i eliminated anything tight. I need to wear a shirt and trousers when i go to meetings and i will have no option to change so i need loose stuf or near to loose as possible. I adopted the thoughts from my snowboarding and aimed for 20k 20k. I did compromise though lol

Jacket - Endura Flyte Jacket 30k breathability and 12k wp
Trousers - Altura over trousers 28k B 20k WP
Over shoes - Endura Equipe Aero Overshoe Black

Oh and i took the opportunity to get a new helmet so i got the Giro Indicator in red black and white. Me and helmets of any nature dont get on my snowboarding one was awful despite it being a a trendy one lol. I felt like i belonged in a durex advert promoting condoms :p

The only downside is i need to wait till Wednesday for my Jacket and Overshoes to come in so i hope the weather is ok till then

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
The only downside is i need to wait till Wednesday for my Jacket and Overshoes to come in so i hope the weather is ok till then
I believe on average you should only get rained on 12 times a year during your commute, but shame it's the rainy season at the moment!

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
How did you work that out mussels?
When riding a motorbike in the UK I got rained on more than 12 a year. At some points through the winter it felt like that was all it did. Untill the snow came...

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
How did you work that out mussels?
When riding a motorbike in the UK I got rained on more than 12 a year. At some points through the winter it felt like that was all it did. Untill the snow came...
I only saw it recently (apparently an accepted figure in cycling) and it fits with my experience. My memories or motorbike commuting were much wetter, I guess the rain affected me much more on a motorbike as I don't notice light rain on the pedelec.
I generally find commuting by pushbike more comfortable, I'm warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer and snow is fun.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Well, (and I know I'm going to pay for this one way or another), at the moment it's like the bleedin' Kalahari down here in the soft sooth. Scarcely a drop of rain for weeks, if not longer.

I keep meaning to buy rain gear, as it WILL rain eventually...

A

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I only saw it recently (apparently an accepted figure in cycling) and it fits with my experience.
Well i'll keep note, i.ve been rained on twice this year since around feb.
Bear in mind its been quite a dry april!

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
12 times a year 2 times since Feb blumin eck peeps ive been rained on every day for the past two weeks on my normal bike. i went out today and got drizzle its doing my head in.

Im wearing my glasses out from all the wiping im doing

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Well it looks like im in for a reprieve in relation to the rain. I just checked the met and its due to be cloudy but no rain all week :)

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
12 times a year 2 times since Feb blumin eck peeps ive been rained on every day for the past two weeks on my normal bike. i went out today and got drizzle its doing my head in.

Im wearing my glasses out from all the wiping im doing
Even the Scots are complaining they need rain, sounds like you have got it all.

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Even the Scots are complaining they need rain, sounds like you have got it all.
Well i wouldnt want to hog it so please, come and help yourself

Liang

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2011
In the winter I wear a sporty winter coat, one that is designed to be also usable as a ski or sail coat.
Most important to me is that it is warm, rainproof and has a hood.
I also have a pair of rain trousers and a rain jacket which I use when I have a coat on that's not rainproof.
Ordinary leather gloves when it is cold and raining. By the time I go home they are usually dry :) No gloves if it's just rain.

For the rest it's just my normal clothes.

And in case it rains really hard and I wear shoes that are not rainproof, I always have some plastic bags and a few rubber bands at hand ;)
Looks ridiculous but it does the trick and in weather that bad nobody is paying attention anyway... :p

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
Heatwave forecast for the next two weeks with hosepipe bans predicted, a lot of people would like your rain right now,
Now now mussels dont tease me like that lol

In the winter I wear a sporty winter coat, one that is designed to be also usable as a ski or sail coat.
Most important to me is that it is warm, rainproof and has a hood.
I also have a pair of rain trousers and a rain jacket which I use when I have a coat on that's not rainproof.
Ordinary leather gloves when it is cold and raining. By the time I go home they are usually dry :) No gloves if it's just rain.

For the rest it's just my normal clothes.

And in case it rains really hard and I wear shoes that are not rainproof, I always have some plastic bags and a few rubber bands at hand ;)
Looks ridiculous but it does the trick and in weather that bad nobody is paying attention anyway... :p
Now that i would love to see he he. For me winter is not that much of a problem as i snowboard as well so ill wear my AK gore Burton pants with a 30k/25k rating and my Burton coat 20/20k

Interesting how your coat is suitable for sailing or skiing they are two very different activities with very different needs well unless you were sailing your boat down a snow ladened mountain lol :)

Liang

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2011
Now now mussels dont tease me like that lol

Now that i would love to see he he. For me winter is not that much of a problem as i snowboard as well so ill wear my AK gore Burton pants with a 30k/25k rating and my Burton coat 20/20k

Interesting how your coat is suitable for sailing or skiing they are two very different activities with very different needs well unless you were sailing your boat down a snow ladened mountain lol :)
:D The one I have now is only suitable for skiing not really for sailing, but I could wear it tho if the weather is not to bad. And sailing for me is cruising comfortably on a small boot on the Frisian lakes with preferably someone else then me doing the sailing ;)

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
:D The one I have now is only suitable for skiing not really for sailing, but I could wear it tho if the weather is not to bad. And sailing for me is cruising comfortably on a small boot on the Frisian lakes with preferably someone else then me doing the sailing ;)
He he that makes a lot of sense, i love sailing i find it quite relaxing. Same with boarding too mind you most demanding sports do it.

Oh and it rained on me yesterday AGAIN!! I was ok this morning though