Does anyone know a Redbridge Cycling venue located in the north of England?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Bicycle shows are good fun for a meeting point for the industry to gather and great for viewing the latest models but they do not allow customers to test ride the bikes in a normal environment.
To most customers they need time to appreciate the all round characteristics of an e-bike,in particular it's ability to climb hills and compare those abilities against cost. Our experience is that at bike shows the test track is mostly on the flat,you are constantly being pushed by other riders and its hard to concentrate on the testing of the bike.
Its really a case of less is more,we have already organised a number of Kudos try a bike days for next year and more will be announced.
But I am struggling to find a suitable venue in the north of england,something like the Redbridge Cycling Centre,any suggestions welcome?
The venue ideally needs to have good access to Manchester and Leeds to encompass as many potential people as possible.
The Tour de Presteigne was a brilliant concept,'the hill' was a good test and the informality of the venue was ideal,it was in the wrong location for ease of access.
We would bring the Kudos road show 'up north' if we can find the right location.
Dave
Kudoscycles

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi Dave

How about Brands Hatch?
We could really open up the thottle or if not,pump up and workout those knees of ours.
Sorry Dave other than that i do not have any other suggestions.

Mountainsport

GT3

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2009
Wouldn't call Brands 'accessible' from Manchester. For motorsport venues, Oulton is the nearest with hills but wouldn't be cheap. Blyton would be cheap but is flat. Harewood hillclimb may work?

D

Deleted member 4366

I think you should come to Telford so I don't have to drive. There''s a lovely town park that would be perfect for the event because it has a good network of off-road cycle paths. I'm sure they have a "Green" day of some sort, so if you can find out who arranges these things, you can latch on to it. They recently just had a big BMX event there.
Telford Town Park - Contact Details

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The grounds of a stately home would do the job, apart from not having a roof.

National Trust properties can be hired for events, and e-bikes being 'green' an inquiry from Kudos should go down well with the tree huggers at the trust.

Nostell Priory near Pontefract is a possibility:

Nostell Priory and Parkland - Visitor information - National Trust

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
D

Deleted member 4366

I forgot to mention that the area in the Telford town park where they have such events is right next to thne town centre. It's a nice mown grassy area with cycle paths on three three sides, one of which is quite steep, although there's lots of other hills on the cycle paths around. It would make an idelocation for such an event, but I don't know whether you'd get enough interest there.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Manifold Valley between the Manifold Inn>Wetton Mill Tea Room>Waterhouses looks beautiful,the Manifold Inn organises classic car meets so looks like it could organise a location for our gazebos,nice overnight accomodation at the Inn. Our dealer Leek Cycles is nearby.
Anyone know this cycle route,on google it looks ideal?
The location is centre Manchester,Nottingham,Birmingham,Sheffield. Derby and Stoke are nearby,
Do you know the Manifold Valley?
Would you come to a meet starting at the Manifold Inn if I bought up the Kudos Team,all our bikes,including the 2013 performance range. No commitment,is this an attractive idea for pedelec members?
Your comments most welcome?
Dave
KudosCycles

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
I know the Manifold Valley Cycle Trail, it follows a disused light railway for about 10 miles on smooth tarmac , however off the cycle trail a number of very small country roads pass and these would be the hill climbing gems since they are about 1 in 5 for about a mile to get to some agreeable villages . So in summary I think this would be a very good choice of venue

Even though I am now from Wales I would probably like to come over and revisit my old stomping ground

Rough and ready when are you talking about Dave

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
There is also the Longdendale trail near Glossop. Beautiful scenery around there, close to the Snake Pass, suitable for Derbyshire, South Yorkshire, Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire. And excellent Motorway links nearby.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
The Manifold Valley between the Manifold Inn>Wetton Mill Tea Room>Waterhouses looks beautiful,the Manifold Inn organises classic car meets so looks like it could organise a location for our gazebos,nice overnight accomodation at the Inn. Our dealer Leek Cycles is nearby.
Anyone know this cycle route,on google it looks ideal?
The location is centre Manchester,Nottingham,Birmingham,Sheffield. Derby and Stoke are nearby,
Do you know the Manifold Valley?
Would you come to a meet starting at the Manifold Inn if I bought up the Kudos Team,all our bikes,including the 2013 performance range. No commitment,is this an attractive idea for pedelec members?
Your comments most welcome?
Dave
KudosCycles
I certainly would be interested if it was held there. Nice area well worth a visit.

Does look like the peaks would be a good choice just a matter of deciding on best location

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
While the redbridge track looks good, most buying an E bikes I would like to think do there home work? Well I do, that way you build up a good idea of a bikes capabilities and a short ride can confirm if a bike up to scratch. The regents park show attached to the Green show was a lovely event, the test track was far to short, but it gave me the chance to compare the AVE bike we were interested in with other top models and make an informed buying decision..Personally I dont need an F1 stylee track to make a comparison:D

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Old Dave,I said north but don't you guys eat black pudding up there and blokes dance in skirts. Us southerners lead a sheltered life,could we cope north of Carlisle!!!
Only joking,its a long haul that far north. Lets see how successful these other road shows are and we may consider later in the year.

We have settled on the Manifold Track between Manifold Inn and Waterhouses. We will base the event around the Wetton Mill Tea Room on Sunday 14 April. The nice lady at the tea rooms has said that we will be very welcome,she advised there is a 3 mile ride north to the Manifold Inn and 5 mile south to Waterhouses,directly opposite the Tea Room is a steep hill up to the village of Butterton,to test the hill climbing abilities of the bikes. The villages of Wetton and Butterton have some nice pubs,the Black Lion and Royal Oak respectively,the countryside in the area is wonderful,including the famous Thors Cave,the route even includes an old railway tunnel.
The venue is ideal for Derby,Stoke and Nottingham. Not too far from Manchester,Sheffield and Birmingham.
The Kudos Team will have samples of every Kudos bike,including the new performance and crank drive bicycles. If this is as well attended and as much fun as our Redbridge event we intend to make it an annual event.
The Kudos guys will be busy in April....Redbridge,Sunday,April 7....Wetton,Sunday,April 14....Hambleton,Saturday,April 20. Ideal time of the year to decide on a new e-bike for spring/summer 2013
We are happy to see any marques of e-bike at our event,as long as it is legal!
Any comments or suggestions most welcome.
Thanks for all your ideas re venues.

C

Cyclezee

OK, I know it is not The North, but Milton Keynes is north of Watford, centrally located for major centres of population, has good transport links by road and rail, several suitable venues, Willen Lake, Campbell Park, MK Bowl etc., almost 200 miles of traffic free cycle routes and does actually have hills which is the reason that I first got into electric bikes.

Almost forgot, it has got concrete cows which I am sure would be a major attraction for Eddieo?