Does anyone make electric trikes?

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Does any company make electric tricycles? Not recumbents, but conventional high-sitting trikes. Or are there any smaller firms who fit electric motors to trikes?

Thanks.

Allen.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I think 50 Cycles sell a Panasonic powered Kalkhoff tricycle. Or at least they used to.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Trikes

Allen look at the Batribikes site .They list two models , the Trike 16 at £949 with 16 in. rear wheels and the Trike 20 with 20 in. rear wheels at £999 . They both have a 20 in. front wheel and the frame pivots to lean like a normal bike , which can be locked to get on and off .

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Thanks for all the pointers - very handy, and some of them compare very favourably, at least in terms of price, with many top models.

Reason for the question: there is a possibility, at present a slim one, that my single-legged status might double in the next few months, and although many bilateral (technical term for no legs at all) amps DO ride bikes, a decent trike looks like a far better option at my time of life.

Thanks again for the help.

Allen.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Allen sorry to hear that might be a possibilty but good for you for getting info on a trike.

I always loved the DiBlasi R34 but no way could I cough up that sort of cash love the way it folds though.