Dolphin Pack 48v 12Ah Samsung 30Q only 220miles / 10 full cycles - £250

SiBob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2017
UK
Hi peeps,

I'm currently swapping my e-bike kit over to a different frame and this pack doesn't fit the new triangle, so it's up for sale.

The battery has been married to a BBS02 750W. The motor has done just 220 miles since September last year. The battery has received about 10 full charge cycles - don't let that calculation fool you - I'm 18 stone and go up seriously vertical climbs. On the flat you can get 35+ miles on 50% assist no problem.

It was purchased from Eclipse Bikes in July 2016 and has never let me down. When performing some maintenance I removed the mounting bracket. Upon refitting, one of the lugs that hold the tie wrap on the downtube snapped. Thankfully customer services at Eclipse is excellent and they have replaced this with a new one for the cost of postage.

The spec is 48v, 12Ah and uses Samsung 30Q cells. Here's the link.

I ride off-road on canal tow paths, bridle paths and moorland so it has its fair share of fine scratches but is 100% working as it should. The battery has a few scrapes underneath where dirt has got into the channel that mounts to the frame bracket, but is again perfectly fine. Similarly the used bracket has quite a few scores on it, and the new replacement is a bonus. The custom Giant sticker on the side of the battery can be removed without residue as its sign vinyl. Comes complete with dedicated charger supplied originally.

I'm looking for £250 and would prefer cash pickup/meetup in the Manchester area. If you want postage, it will need to be courier due to the lithium contents and can be arranged accordingly. Buyer pays fees if paying by Paypal. Can probably get around the Royal Mail prohibition due to the batteries being encased and technically "connected to a device" (the BMS and USB charge output!), but would rather not chance it.

Some pics to show condition and my new steed too! ;)

IMG_5972.JPG IMG_5974.JPG IMG_5976.JPG IMG_5978.JPG IMG_5980.JPG IMG_5981.JPG IMG_5986.JPG IMG_5987.JPG IMG_5989.JPG IMG_6002.JPG

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Im pretty sure that is the same as the battery on my stealth. If it is, I may be interested as it could open up some options for me.
Cant commit to anything just yet, but will be keeping an eye on your thread :)

Reactions: SiBob

SiBob

Apr 20, 2017
UK
Hello again,

Bumping this up as I have my new battery setup now so need to get rid.

Thanks,
S.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
OP's original link to Eclipse Bikes no longer works, so here is the updated link:

http://eclipsebikes.com/product_info.php?products_id=104

For anyone who might be considering buying this battery, I have been running exactly the same battery for a few months now. The Samsung 30Q cells are a massive improvement over the previous 29E pack I was using.

My set-up peaks at 25A and I experience very little voltage sag throughout most of the battery pack's capacity. I foresee a pack like this lasting many many years, with little degradation in performance.

drummerian

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2017
Leamington
This would be ideal for my girlfriends Panda conversion if it were 36V, has anyone run the panda pro kit on 48V, i'd worry the motor speed would be too high...

ChilliMountain

Just Joined
Jul 29, 2017
High Peak
Hi, I think it would be ideal for my frame/build.

I have bought a "Jumbo" Shark 52v and it is too big by a few cm (37cm long brick..). I am sure this style will fit (16" Kona hardtail)

I work in Altrincham, South Manchester so area/pickup no issue, I am new to the forum so not sure how we contact to proceed?

Cheers!

SiBob

Apr 20, 2017
UK
Hi ChilliMountain - I've just replied to your PM. Just converse that way if you want or message me on the number provided in my reply so as not to clutter up the thread.

Thanks!