E-Bike Club on Strava KOM

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
30 segments created so far this week.
Takes a bit of time as you can only do 10 then it makes you wait 10 hours before you can do another 10!

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
How do I find the "E-Bike Club" on Strava - tried searching but unable to find it?

I've created my first e-bike segment - hopefully all is well - anyone who has done this care to take a look and confirm it looks like I've done it right?
https://www.strava.com/segments/13675601

What is the preferred naming convention for eBike segments?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Looks fine to me, but my only suggestion would be to end the segment .4 of a mile shorter at the junction with Old Frome Road and the un-named road that leads to the B3135.

By doing so, the segment would pick up riders that might otherwise have continued along Old Frome Road and not turned off.

You could also make a short segment from Stock Hill at 6.5 miles - 6.8 miles.

Lovely looking area to ride in. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: redcup1999

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
Perfect - thanks!

I've shortened that segment and will look to create some more this evening.

And thanks Artstu - I've now joined the eapc club!

Reactions: Artstu

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Perfect - thanks!

I've shortened that segment and will look to create some more this evening.

And thanks Artstu - I've now joined the eapc club!
Welcome to the club.
We are up to 57 members now and growing.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have no idea how these virtual rides work, but watch out for them pinching your KOM's from the comfort of their home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/508863198
I have one.. a Bkool which is great for a winter workout and I can ride any route that's out there with a live video feed and the machine adds resistance as you climb. In my case I can't mange koms on a normal bike on it, but on an ebike then..... easy peasy.
It then auto uploads to strava and you have the virtual ride tab to use.
Posting virtual koms is no different from posting dongle koms...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well the machine itself is a real eye opener. If you hit a hill in the wrong gear you grind to a halt just like on the road. You can make virtual rides fron your sttava rides with video. You can group ride as well. I use it in my garage when it's bellow zero outside and I fancy a workout. Really work up a sweat.
Not for everyone, but there again what is?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
https://zwift.com/what-is-zwift I see that crop on Strava quite frequently.
I downloaded a free trial of Zwift, but didnt like it much. Its as it shows in the link with avatars, not much realism and I found it only marginally less boring than a blank wall.
I use the bkool app which came with the trainer which cleverly uses real video so provides a bit more stimulus..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes me too, but looking out the window right now it is bucketing it down and blowing up a storm and I would rather be warm and dry.. and I can only watch so much tv.....
It was an impulse buy last year so the test will be if I get it out of the loft... or not!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I have one.. a Bkool which is great for a winter workout and I can ride any route that's out there with a live video feed and the machine adds resistance as you climb. In my case I can't mange koms on a normal bike on it, but on an ebike then..... easy peasy.
It then auto uploads to strava and you have the virtual ride tab to use.
Posting virtual koms is no different from posting dongle koms...
I got home after a great ride on Friday then downloaded the stats on Strava and found out I'm the new King of the mountains on Bolton Bridge to Ilkley .. But by way of recompense I enclose photos of how to mount your garmin on the bars of the Giant Road e+1, but if the take the kom back you will have to unmount the Garmin

I 20161126_162246.jpg 20161126_162235.jpg

I spent 2 hours trying every method of moving the Giant display backwards over the stem but there is just not enough room. The Garmin bracket on the xbar is where I normally mount the Garmin but I wasn't too happy with it although I may revert to it.