E bike newbie

Barkybomber

Just Joined
Jun 28, 2016
Oldham
Hi everyone. I'm looking to purchase a E bike through cyclescheme. My problem is their is to much choice. It's mainly for my daily commute to work which is roughly 9 mile round trip. Downhill mostly going,Uphill all the way . I'm a 40 something 6ft1 and very overweight 19/20 stone. Need to buy local ie manchester area. Just in case anything goes wrong with the bike. I'm not to clever with repairing things. My thinking is I'll go out more on a E bike. After something comfortable to ride as well.
Many thanks

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find you're ideal bike, and yes the numbers of bikes is boggling.

Ray Breen

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
North West
Hi Bud,

Similiar to yourself, i am from the warrington area, commute to salford, and have gone to a whoosh big bear. got it a few weeks ago. Excellent bike and has great range.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
For your weight and height I would suggest either a crank drive bike (e.g. Bosch) or a strong hub - like on the big bear which is designed with a larger rider in mind

Testing as many as possible is the best idea . You'll quickly get a feel for what works for you