Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Poor bottom :(

MS.
dead right, MS.
e-bikes need to be more comfortable to ride because your muscles acting as suspension don't work as much as when you ride a normal bike.

Reactions: mountainsport

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Poor bottom :(

MS.
Thats the main limiting factor especially as I have a damaged coccyx.
I have a Selle split saddle with Suntour NCX seatpost on my MTB which works well and I can do 100 mile rides on that.
I decided to try the original Marin sadle and seatpost on this bike for its first ride and was amazed to find it even more comfortable than the MTB setup so kept that and done quite a few 100+ mile rides now without problem.
I do stand on the pedals for a couple of miles during the second half of the ride and use throttle to give my bones a rest and it works well.
The only problem being if you hit a pothole without front suspension it gives the wrists quite a shock .

Reactions: mountainsport

Random Joe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 14, 2017
london
dead right, MS.
e-bikes need to be more comfortable to ride because your muscles acting as suspension don't work as much as when you ride a normal bike.
I was thinking to get a seat post suspension for my aerobike but found the size is a bit rare. 26.8mm seems for US market only. Common seat post size in UK seems 27.2 onward.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Thats the main limiting factor especially as I have a damaged coccyx.
I have a Selle split saddle with Suntour NCX seatpost on my MTB which works well and I can do 100 mile rides on that.
I decided to try the original Marin sadle and seatpost on this bike for its first ride and was amazed to find it even more comfortable than the MTB setup so kept that and done quite a few 100+ mile rides now without problem.
I do stand on the pedals for a couple of miles during the second half of the ride and use throttle to give my bones a rest and it works well.
The only problem being if you hit a pothole without front suspension it gives the wrists quite a shock .
I totally agree with you on that Kinninvie and thank you for your genuine thoughts. :):)

MS.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Why do you want a normal looking bike, just get one with a big battery on and then you won't miss out on all the people that call you a cheat.

Just joking with you. Good luck looking for a new bike and enjoy