E Road Bike Reccomendations

kris.d.m.scott

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2018
Hi,

Looking for some recommendations for a E Road Bike for general road use.

Budget £2800.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

kris.d.m.scott

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2018
Have you had any experience with Tritton cycles? I have noticed there considerably cheaper than other retailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have never bought a new ebike but the 2019 bikes will be out in a few months as euro bike is on now with the new 2019 models.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Capt Sisko

Pedelecer
May 5, 2018
Shropshire
I ride an Orbea Gain and if you are looking for a road bike that you can actually enjoy pedalling along without the power assist on it's worth taking a look at one of these as they are both a lot lighter than the competition and pretty much look like a 'normal' road bike. Only one problem, they're rarer than rocking horse do doos.

Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I have a Giant Road E+1 and without nit picking and taking into consideration the price I can't really come up with any negatives, other than to enjoy it the way the manufacturers intended you would want a dongle. Izzy

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Road e+1 for me. 4100km in 2 years with no issues
Can't argue with that. In the video I linked to above, the reviewer mentioned that he found the bike rather heavy when the motor starts to cut out at around the 16 mph mark, do you find the same thing? He also mentioned that he normally does around 18 mph on the flat sections on his commute to work and he found this hard work on the Road e+1 what are your thoughts?

I've recently bought an electric mountain bike (first ebike I've ever bought) and I'm extremely impressed with it, and am considering buying an eracing bike next year. The comments in the video review I mentioned previously have given me pause for thought though. I find my mountain bike fairly heavy when riding above the motor cut off, my mountain bike is about 25kg how heavy is your Road e?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
eroad bike with no dongle is pointless cos ill over take you on a fs mtb going 30mph on the pavement :p:p

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Can't argue with that. In the video I linked to above, the reviewer mentioned that he found the bike rather heavy when the motor starts to cut out at around the 16 mph mark, do you find the same thing? He also mentioned that he normally does around 18 mph on the flat sections on his commute to work and he found this hard work on the Road e+1 what are your thoughts?

I've recently bought an electric mountain bike (first ebike I've ever bought) and I'm extremely impressed with it, and am considering buying an eracing bike next year. The comments in the video review I mentioned previously have given me pause for thought though. I find my mountain bike fairly heavy when riding above the motor cut off, my mountain bike is about 25kg how heavy is your Road e?
I think it's 18kg but not too sure as giant don't publish it. Mine is the older 2016 version that has all the power at a lower cadence and runs out at of juice at 95 whereas the newer ones gives power up to 120 but this works for me as I am nearly 70 and don't like pedaling fast. Yes it's a heavy bike and yes you mis the power when it's gone but less so than an emtb due to the usual. There is a new speed up device out now that allows you to set your own cutoff at say 18mph for example, and also shows the correct speed if you are so inclined. If going any distance I can manage a higher average speed than on the Bosch emtb.
Mine has rack and stand mounting points so panniers work as well.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I think it's 18kg but not too sure as giant don't publish it. Mine is the older 2016 version that has all the power at a lower cadence and runs out at of juice at 95 whereas the newer ones gives power up to 120 but this works for me as I am nearly 70 and don't like pedaling fast. Yes it's a heavy bike and yes you mis the power when it's gone but less so than an emtb due to the usual. There is a new speed up device out now that allows you to set your own cutoff at sat 18mph for example, and also shows the correct speed if you are so inclined. If going any distance I can manage a higher average speed than on the Bosch emtb.
Mine has rack and stand mounting points so panniers work as well.
get the bathroom scales and weigh ur self in kilos then pick up the bike and weigh both together.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
last time i checked mine was 20.7kg on my m8s bike scales prob add a few grams more now i have 12spd tho as the group set is more heavy n fook 350 quid for a cassette and save a massive extra 2g on a 70 quid chain.

thus why i dont get the new bikes with the power tube batts as there tanks at 24.5kg.
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Electric-Bikes-UK-Dealer/Haibike-xDuro-AllMtn-9.0-2018?filter=19

my bike stock.
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Haibike-xDuro-AMT-PRO-2014
RM supercharger is 31kg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
RM supercharger is 31kg
i can throw my bike in the canal id have to birth that fkn thing like a boat lol i bet id get more range on my bike with 2 batts than that thing as the extra 500w is just enough to cover all that extra waight.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
i can throw my bike in the canal id have to birth that fkn thing like a boat lol i bet id get more range on my bike with 2 batts than that thing as the extra 500w is just enough to cover all that extra waight.
Wow, I had no idea.

TOTAL WEIGHT:
68.5 lbs (31.07 kg) (With Both Batteries, Lock, and One Fabric Bottle)

If this is correct then I need to look for another "My next bike" Supposed to be a long distance tourer so what will it weigh with panniers and luguage..
Wonder if the weight is an anti theft configuration?

Capt Sisko

Pedelecer
May 5, 2018
Shropshire
Weight for my Orbea Gain D20 complete with SPD Pedals, 2x Bottle Cages, Rack, Footprint for Rackpack, Mini Pump and mounts for both GPS and Lights, but no water bottles, lights or GPS unit:- 14.75kg (using the stand on the bathroom scales method)

That's only 475g heavier than Dawes state as the weight of thier top of the range Ultra Galaxy.

• Informative
Reactions: anotherkiwi