eBay kits

richie-rich

Just Joined
May 13, 2014
Anyone bought a hub motor kit from eBay seller germanladen?

They seem to be very inexpensive...

Although they state location as Portsmouth, they are Chinese so they may be shipping from a bonded warehouse?

Without getting into 'you get what you pay for' I am just looking for something to try out without spending megabucks.

Cheers!

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi there - it doesn't look especially cheap to me. Not compared to ordering from BMS battery or greenbikekit

Crucially they don't have battery included which is usually the most expensive bit

You might also want consider a tried and tested motor from the above vendors eg the bafang or cute

There are scores of people who can attest/review their motors - lots of info on this forum and on endless sphere

danielt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2012
Brighton
i almost did. (was actually looking for a projector screen and happened to look at his other items)

what put me off was they didn't seem to be supplied with a torque arm. Not sure if that was a good enough reason, but I went with one from Greenbikekits instead - whose customer service after my order was superb

richie-rich

Just Joined
May 13, 2014
Hi there - it doesn't look especially cheap to me. Not compared to ordering from BMS battery or greenbikekit

Crucially they don't have battery included which is usually the most expensive bit

You might also want consider a tried and tested motor from the above vendors eg the bafang or cute

There are scores of people who can attest/review their motors - lots of info on this forum and on endless sphere
Hi Kirstin,

Thanks for the reply. Exactly the info I was looking for!

I will check out greenbikekit.

Thanks.