Ebike for commuting

pamacs24

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

My name is Cecilia, I live in Derby and work in Wirksworth. I have been looking at ebikes ever since more than a year ago I landed in a job some 7/11 miles away from home at two different locations and that was a fairly flat terrain. Now it's a new, and better paid job, but the commuting is getting dearer and dearer. My mileage is towards the 30 miles per day that includes to and fro on an otherwise very picturesque, hilly terrain. I am also considering cycling to work to save money on the gym - I hate running, sorry, cycling is fine, but I am not fit enough to do 2 hours up and down big hills every day. So, the solution is an ebike.

Unfortunately I am far worse off than I would like to be and certainly don't have enough in the kitty to go out to buy a decent ebike. But I work for the NHS and might be able to purchase a bike through their Bike to work scheme (that is if my fax won't get lost again in the admin jungle as it did last year).

So, I would very much like to hear about people's experiences - I saw some posts earlier here who had been in the same shoes. Any recommendations? I know I won't be able to get a Kalkhoff, but I'd like a decent bike, not on a mountain bike frame, lightweight, with a good battery etc. etc.

All the best,

Cecilia

C

Cyclezee

Firstly welcome the forum Cecilia,

You have come to right place for advice although a lot of it may not be unbiased.

Unfortunately, mine is biased as I am trade member and would recommend and eZee Sprint Primo with a battery upgrade to take into account the distance and terrain you intend to cover.

You will see more info on this model here Bikes & Conversion Kits - Cyclezee Ltd.

I will now leave it to others to give an unbiased opinions.

Regards,

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Cecilia
We supply bikes to the NHS cycle to work scheme.
If you take a trip to Buxton you can have a good look at our range. We'd be very happy to let you take a ride around our local hills.
Come and see us at Eco-Republic.