ebike for hills.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
Your bus drivers are obviously more tolerant than in Leicester. I was refused on occasion with my non-electrified folded Bickerton (unbagged). I never even tried the short time I had the friction drive on it. Peter

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was refused on occasion with my non-electrified folded Bickerton (unbagged).
What the heck? :oops:

Although a lot of bus company Ts and Cs pretty much specify Brompton, by the quoted folded dimensions of bikes they will carry, I haven't had any problems so far...but when I have my bike, I don't usually travel by bus, and when I do, it's mostly at night when there aren't many pasengers. The battery on the rear rack is always covered by two hi-viz waterproof rucksack covers, which could be mistaken for a bag, and when my bike is folded, the motor can be missed by a casual glance.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Do you happen to sell the 36V BBS01B kits without battery? I've already got a battery, to use with two bikes (but not at the same time).

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
I've regularly seen a person with a 20 inch dahon sized ebike folder in FirstBus busses on my route. I have certainly taken my tern non-ebike folder on the bus.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If my bike was ever refused, I'd simply wait for the next bus or call a cab.

The only bike I've ever seen refused carriage was a 26" wheeled non-folding MTB. It was a loud argument. Someimes I wonder if I should carry my GoPro everywhere, when disguised as a pedestrian.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do you happen to sell the 36V BBS01B kits without battery? I've already got a battery, to use with two bikes (but not at the same time).
yes, but only to customers who need to outfit a second bike using the battery we supplied and to installers because of product liability.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yes, but only to customers who need to outfit a second bike using the battery we supplied and to installers because of product liability.
:(

Laffin ebike

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2022
I've got a Halfords Crosscity folding E-bike, it's ace, it'll tackle most hills, folds up quite compact and will do between 14 to 21 miles on a charge dependent on terrain.