Ebike motor types - what's the difference?

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Stick to the forum Wilbur, I know of no journalist who has ever written consistent sense about ebikes.
Most of them are fresh intake short term babe on the way careerist money grubbers little real interest in the longer term possibility ebikes always had.
Listen to the engineers on the forum and don't touch the magazines till Sirius is well over the yardarm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I totally agree with Hech. That list of motors is seriously lacking.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And what a way to be lacking, Japanese, German, Canadian, Taiwanese products there, but not a single motor from a mainland China company.

That's like leaving the USA out of a list of major countries.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Stick to the forum Wilbur, I know of no journalist who has ever written consistent sense about ebikes.
Most of them are fresh intake short term babe on the way careerist money grubbers little real interest in the longer term possibility ebikes always had.
Listen to the engineers on the forum and don't touch the magazines till Sirius is well over the yardarm.
My personal favourite is when the journalist writes something like "until XXXXXXX came along electric bikes were ugly, clunky things your gran would ride"... I read something like that in a press report about electric bikes every other week.

Reactions: flecc

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
I'm not sure where the references to journalists and magazines come from, my link was to a US ebike shop.