Ebike shop after service

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
A little disappointed with the after service for my Haibike xduro from these.
My SRAM shifting pin sheared and I needed a new one ASAP as the bike is no good without it-no gears.
I emailed the store and was asked for the original receipt otherwise they wouldn't deal with me!
This was on the 15th April-still unable to ride my bike.
As of today I'm still waiting feedback on stock level from SRAM as they don't have stock in the UK? (April 3rd)-3 weeks and that's just to locate a part prior to ordering.
I couldn't wait any longer and finally sourced one from Amazon.de, so I purchased 4 of them as I cannot wait any longer for the UK seller of the bike to respond.
My bike is now back on the road!
Very poor after sales.
Like everywhere in the UK once the money has passed hands that's the end of the matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Geome

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sram dont deal with the public so will have to go through a bike shop to get a warranty replacement.

if the shifter has broken then why not replace the hole unit?

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
I suggest you read my post before replying! I posted this in feedback of dealer service for an expensive bike I expected a better after service. I HAVE ALREADY REPLACED THE PARTS....but had to resource MYSELF.
That is the point of my post. The parts concerned were 3€ each from Germany so why replace an expensive part on a bike just over a year old?
i just have higher expectations.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i did read the post and no dealer is going to fix parts in a shifter and will just get a new 1 from sram under warranty.

if they can then fit it and not screw it up is another question.

not many local bike shops will touch a electric bike and more so if it cost 5k like mine.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
My SRAM shifting pin sheared and I needed a new one ASAP as the bike is no good without it-no gears.
I emailed the store and was asked for the original receipt otherwise they wouldn't deal with me!
As of today I'm still waiting feedback on stock level from SRAM as they don't have stock in the UK? (April 3rd)-3 weeks and that's just to locate a part prior to ordering.
I couldn't wait any longer and finally sourced one from Amazon.de, so I purchased 4 of them as I cannot wait any longer for the UK seller of the bike to respond.
Very poor after sales.
Like everywhere in the UK once the money has passed hands that's the end of the matter.
in England in my experience being a member of which legal and threatening businesses with the supply of goods and services act (1979) is very much the norm for getting anything approaching ethical behaviour out of businesses 90% of the time

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
All I wanted was a part from the dealer who supplied this £2800 bike-it took minutes to fit and now back on the road-it is simply a long threaded screw. What I'm trying to put over is-if I could get the part why couldn't the dealer? Who is waiting for an email?
What happened to the customer is always right & customer loyalty?

i did read the post and no dealer is going to fix parts in a shifter and will just get a new 1 from sram under warranty.

if they can then fit it and not screw it up is another question.

not many local bike shops will touch a electric bike and more so if it cost 5k like mine.

• Agree

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
A little poll if you are interested:

To all ebike and regular bike shops reading this thread, do you stock individual parts for sram shifters in particular the part mentioned by the original poster?

I will start: No

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Reasonable likelier-than-not proof of purchase (including credit card statement) is what's required, not a receipt. The seller's unreasonable obstacle was a breach of contract. You can claim the cost of all the parts and work back from your credit card provider. Just ring them up and explain the seller refused to fix the broken part even with proof of purchase, insisting on a standard of proof which far exceeded the level implied into your contract by the relevant statutory and common law rules (I'm sure it's there in SOGA /CRA 2015 somewhere). Hope helps.

Remember folks always pay for things and services above £100 whether local or imported using a credit not debit card.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
P.S. Try to just say the seller refused to fix the part if you can possibly avoid getting into discussions of proof with the credit card company, because the latter don't always know the minutiae of contract law - nor do the financial ombudsman staff...

clintyboy12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 25, 2016
Very poor after sales.
Don't suppose you will indicate which shop this was, or at least the region you are in? I'm in the market for an e bike so keen to find reputable dealers. Feel free to Pm me if you don't want to post publicly.
Thanks