ebikerz.shop. LEGIT WEBSITE??

pasul_l

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 1, 2023
Hi I have across a website at this address: https://ebikerz.shop

I cannot find any reviews online or trust pilot. Im wondering if it is legit??

Any experience purchasing or advice...

Thanks

Paul

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Thanks

Paul
Their address is a detached house with a car parked on the drive in a residential area. It's possible or probable that whoever runs it has rented some space in a warehouse with a contract for the warehouse guys to deal with shipments, storage and deliveries. That's how Oxygen and some other brands started. Without a workshop and staff, it would be tricky to deal with any warranty issues. You could ask them how they deal with that.

Reactions: kangooroo

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Operating from a private home in Chorley (4 Grove Cres, Adlington, Chorley PR6 9RJ), possibly drop-shipping orders.

I would have concerns re honouring any warranty along with longevity of the company. It has only been running for a month, no company registration and domain registered (anonymously) in late September. However, there is a private limited 'software solutions' company registered at the address.

At least it is openly UK, operating under UK Law, but I would be cautious. Although not a limited company, if things went wrong, there is no guarantee there are any assets behind the company and the residential address could be a rented property.

I would be cautious about buying an expensive bike without further information.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Operating from a private home in Chorley (4 Grove Cres, Adlington, Chorley PR6 9RJ.

I would have concerns re honouring any warranty along with longevity of the company. It has only been running for a month.
And in addition to the above quoted, very far from honest when they claim this on their website:

3 years of innovation sets us apart. It’s why we’re the undisputed industry leader.

Industry leader when none of us have heard of them before? I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
The above shop is Ebikerz with just one Z, so this isn't even their review!

• Agree
Reactions: lenny

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023

Thanks

Paul

At last someone who does their research good for you.

I would not use them, however, if you use a credit card you will be 100% covered by the card company

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
might be worth a punt if you pay via credit card or other protected method, could be a legit start-up with an enthusiastic marketing bod, a dual 1000w 4" fat wheeled bike with 48v 20ah samsung celled battery for 899 is a bargain.. and tbh seems a little too good i share your caution.. certainly tempting if your in the market for such a machine.

I suspect an alternative bike to any ordered will appear and the support folk will appear very helpful to start with but the return/exchange will get drawn out beyond the card claim back period, or involve further shipping fees..

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
traceroute ebikerz.shop

6​
3​
*​
3​
206.223.118.145111100.dal.equinix.com

7​
3​
3​
3​

8​
2​
2​
2​
23.227.38.65myshopify.com

:(:(:(

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I emailed them they said

Re: New customer message on 1 November 2023 at 13:56
Inbox
Search for all messages with label Inbox

Remove label Inbox from this conversation

lamideals <lamideals@proton.me>
13:00 (1 hour ago)
to me

Hello there
Thank you for contacting us.
All our activities are online, the address on our website is the company registration address (required by third party plateformes).
Best regards

pasul_l

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 1, 2023
Thanks for our help guys. I have decided against after I received a poorp response to my enquiry as too why they do not have any reviews anywhere... see below:

Hello there!
Thank you for your interest in our company. We are pleased to inform you that we have recently launched our website to receive online orders. We have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that your payment is secure and safe, as we use the most secure online processors such as Stripe. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards

It was tempting as the spec and prices are very good, but in this case I think too good to be true!!

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Thanks for our help guys. I have decided against after I received a poorp response to my enquiry as too why they do not have any reviews anywhere... see below:

Hello there!
Thank you for your interest in our company. We are pleased to inform you that we have recently launched our website to receive online orders. We have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that your payment is secure and safe, as we use the most secure online processors such as Stripe. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards

It was tempting as the spec and prices are very good, but in this case I think too good to be true!!

The reason why they may have no reviews is they could BE new, all businesses have to start somewhere

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As they can't even spell "platforms" I would wonder ???

plateformes ?
This part of their reply simply isn't good enough:

"Hello there
Thank you for contacting us.
All our activities are online, the address on our website is the company registration address "

Where can one return a bike to if received faulty or failing under warranty? There has to be a published UK commercial address for such purposes.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
buy a disposable sim card for a contact number and dummy email, and pay via a proxy credit card or prepaid card and take a punt ;) Then even if it is just a Phishing net you can claim back any funds and wont have passed on your contact details. Its a slim chance but it could be a legit business offering loss leaders to establish themselves and you might grab a bargain before they close up.

And be prepared to open the box and inspect and reject delivery on the doorstep if its not what you ordered.. as Hurdles to a successful return are what i suspect is at the root of this scam. they ship u the 'wrong bike' in error but you cant return it as the delivery guy they book never shows up and they contest any claim you make on the grounds you refused to return the goods you paid for and received??
But thats too complex for hit n run scammers??? which makes me think perhaps its possibly legit?
OR more likely as soon as you order there will be an extra charge for shipping or an error in refunding you some extra discount..

I cant see a clear 'angle' being exploited atm and am intrigued just not enough to punt my own pennies..

if i had a need for a 2 x 1000w fat bike Thats certainly a price i would be happy to pay for one tho..