ECO Exibition

itsy

Pedelecer
Apr 8, 2015
Seems a 15AH is the way to go on a bike that heavy - especially with me on it! Looks solidly built too.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Tonaros have about the same power as a Big Bear, but, being crank-drive, they can handle the extremely steep hills better. The enduro weighs 25kg compared with the Big Bear's 26kg. They're both relatively heavy bikes. The Enduro has Rockshox Dart forks, which are not bad at all. You get the same crunchy downward gear-changing as most CD bikes with the Tonaro, but it's not a deal breaker. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. You have to find a bike that suits your taste. You can't choose on specification.

Vennwood

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2015
Everything has advantages and disadvantages. You have to find a bike that suits your taste. You can't choose on specification.
Agree 100% at the end of the day everything is a compromise be it specification, ride quality, appearance and price. This is certainly my biggest quandary as all the bikes I like I can't afford and all the bikes I can afford I don't like either spec or looks. I just have to keep on looking and adjusting my goals

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The Tonaros have about the same power as a Big Bear
not without a big fat battery. I rode the Big Hit with 10AH and 16AH Panasonic battery.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The universal curse of the consumer society with all the things we want. :(
And when we can afford, we've gone off the idea.

Reactions: Vennwood and flecc

Vennwood

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2015
Well part one of our quest to get two electric bikes is complete. I have just bought a Giant Twist Freedom CS Lite for my wife. Got it secondhand from our nearest Giant dealer so comes with warranty. So now concentrating on getting one for me - after all I can't have her zooming off in front can I....