ECO Exibition

D

Deleted member 4366

second and more importantly the owner of a Kudos Cobra wrote that it didn't go up hills very well and that the motor "groaned" under stress

Anyone got any comments?
The Cobra has the smaller Bafang SWX motor, so it not good for heavy riders with hill to climb. The Kudos Tornado or any of the other Kudos Bikes with the Bafang BPM motor would be more suitable because the larger motor gives more torque.

I wouldn't say that crank-drives are better for hills, neither would I say that hub-motors are better at climbing. It simply depends on which exact motor you're talking about. IMHO, hub-motors give a better riding experience, and in the rare circumstances when something goes wrong, they're easier and cheaper to sort out. There are some that can dispatch the steepest hills with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vennwood
C

Cyclezee

Hi again Venwood,

Any of our eZee bikes would give you what you are looking for in and electric bike, powerful hub motor with throttle and pedelec assist, a choice of of battery capacities from 11 to 21Ah, prices from £795 including delivery within the UK mainland.

The manufactures recommended rider weight limit is 120Kg, the rear carrier limit is 25Kg. We have had customers who weigh up to 25 stone/158Kg., who have not had a problem.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

Vennwood

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2015
Hi again Venwood,

Any of our eZee bikes would give you what you are looking for in and electric bike, powerful hub motor with throttle and pedelec assist, a choice of of battery capacities from 11 to 21Ah, prices from £795 including delivery within the UK mainland.

The manufactures recommended rider weight limit is 120Kg, the rear carrier limit is 25Kg. We have had customers who weigh up to 25 stone/158Kg., who have not had a problem.
What is the difference between the Ansmann RS 26 and RS29? and can you get a larger power battery?

C

Cyclezee

Hi Venwood,
The Ansmann RS26 has 26" wheels/tyres, the RS29 has 29" wheels/tyres and higher specification components than the RS26.
There is only one size of 9Ah battery available for for either of these bikes.

Vennwood

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2015
Hi Venwood,
The Ansmann RS26 has 26" wheels/tyres, the RS29 has 29" wheels/tyres and higher specification components than the RS26.
There is only one size of 9Ah battery available for for either of these bikes.
With presumably the same power unit/electronics?

Vennwood

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2015
The Cobra has the smaller Bafang SWX motor, so it not good for heavy riders with hill to climb. The Kudos Tornado or any of the other Kudos Bikes with the Bafang BPM motor would be more suitable because the larger motor gives more torque.

I wouldn't say that crank-drives are better for hills, neither would I say that hub-motors are better at climbing. It simply depends on which exact motor you're talking about. IMHO, hub-motors give a better riding experience, and in the rare circumstances when something goes wrong, they're easier and cheaper to sort out. There are some that can dispatch the steepest hills with ease.
So d8veh in your experience what are the pros and cons of say the Kudos Tornado verses the Ansmann RS 26 apart from the obvious differences in price?

D

Deleted member 4366

I haven't ridden the Ansmann, but I would say that it isn't very powerful compared with the Tornado or an Ezee motor. Perhaps Cyclezee will confirm that. I can't see it being suitable for a 110kg rider, except maybe a Dutch one because there's no hills in Holland. Therefore there's no point in discussing other characteristics. The Tornado is a very nice bike to ride if you like that style. Range would be about 20 to 30 miles depending on how much effort youbput in.

The bikes that suit you would have a high-torque motor like the Kudos bikes with BPM/CST motor, Ezee, Woosh Big Bear, Tonaro (crank-drive), Woosh Krieger (CD), etc. We often forget about the Tonaro, which has been around for several years. Most owners seem to love them despite the fact that they're a few KG heavier than the more recent bikes. There's plenty of other bikes that also give good torque but they're mainly more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4366

I just added to mu post #29 in case you didn't notice.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Bike Higher (member jonas) is in Torrington.
They have a number of brands - worth checking out.

itsy

Pedelecer
Apr 8, 2015
Ive just taken a look at the Tonaro range (thanks d8veh) - the Enduro looks pretty impressive for the price. Anyone know how it would compare with a Big Bear for hills etc?

C

Cyclezee

thanks for that - back to the drawing board. Do you have any presence in Devon?
Hi Venwood,

Sorry, we are based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and sell direct to customers all over the UK, not through dealers.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Tonaro website:
http://www.tonaro.cn/

The Tonaro bikes (Compy, Enduro, Big Hit) are excellent hill climbers but heavy (28kgs-30kgs for the Big Hit).
Hill climbing ability depends on two factors: the first factor is how much current you feed your motor. A 15AH battery can supply 50% more current than a 10AH battery, you can see the benefit.
The second factor is motor efficiency.