Aldershot, Hampshire
Electric bike kit for sale *** SOLD ***

************ SOLD **************************

I have the following items for sale:

250W bafang rear hub motor
36V controller (+ spare controller)
36V Nimh battery (from 50 cycles) 9Ah
Charger for the battery

I can throw in the bike it's currently fitted to too if required.

As far as I know the battery is good (kept regularly charged). I shall take a test run this weekend to confirm range. It used to cope with a 15 mile occasional commute.

I'm selling because I don't really have the time to ride much anymore due to having a young family.

I'll add some pictures soon.

I'm looking for £250 for the lot.

************ SOLD **************************

Attachments

Last edited:

snipenose

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 25, 2009
Winlaton Mill near Newcastle
Hi Alottmenteer,

I imagine your Bafang kit is sold by now.

If not, can you tell me about the bike its fitted to? ie, frame and wheel size, gearing and make, frame material...

I have a Heinzmann kit but the controller has packed up. Maybe your battery and controller would work my 36v 500 w motor?

As I'm in Newcastle, delivery would have to be by courier at my cost.

Lots of choices just now but a heinzmann replecement new is so expensive.

Best Wishes

Snipenose

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
Hi Alottmenteer,

I imagine your Bafang kit is sold by now.

If not, can you tell me about the bike its fitted to? ie, frame and wheel size, gearing and make, frame material...

I have a Heinzmann kit but the controller has packed up. Maybe your battery and controller would work my 36v 500 w motor?

As I'm in Newcastle, delivery would have to be by courier at my cost.

Lots of choices just now but a heinzmann replecement new is so expensive.

Best Wishes

Snipenose
Hello Snipenose

The kit is still up for sale. I've not had time to check the battery as my central heating started playing up just after I posted the advert and I've been trying to fix it for a couple of weeks. Hopefully now I got my nice warm house back I can check the battery this weekend.

The bike is a fairly cheap affair (about £100) purchased to fit the kit to as I didn't want to fit it to my nice Marin. It's steel and I think about a 20" frame. Wheels are 26" and it's got a six gear cog on it. (or is it 5? I only ever use about 2 or 3 gears so I don't pay much attention to them). IT came with 6 gears but I may have swapped it for a 5 speed to reduce the width of the motor/freewheel assembly so I didn't have to bend the frame too much. Edit: Looking the photo it's a 5 speed.

I couldn't tell you if the controller would work with a heinzmann kit. I doubt it though. Someone like flecc would be able to tell you I would think. My controller is the same type as ecrazyman(?) sells on ebay.

Regards

Allotmenteer

snipenose

Aug 25, 2009
Winlaton Mill near Newcastle
Thank You

Dear Allotmenteer,

Thanks for your information and honesty.

There are so many choices sometimes...........

I have asked 50 cycles for a local test ride on a Pro Connect.

Your bike and fitted kit is very reasonably priced and I hope you find a sale soon.

Best Wishes

Steve (snipenose):rolleyes:

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
Update:

I've managed to get out for a spin on the bike. I tore round the neighbourhood using the throttle and barely pedalling and I did approx 8 miles including a long hill. Still seemed to be plenty of juice left. Measured voltage at just over 38 volts (1.267 volts per cell). Didn't have time to go further due to school run. I'm guessing the range is going to be around 12 miles or so. This is not sparing the horses though. The kit can do about 22mph top speed. I imagine if you are only doing 15mph the range will be much increased.

barneys36

Jan 10, 2011
ebike kit

i will give u 160 pounds for the back wheel controller and throttle with battery and charger posted to me in the uk tel or text 07800802911

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
Hello all

Sorry for the poor communication. I've been having a bit of a stressfull time at work recently.

Anyway, the kit is still for sale. £150 for the lot. I don't want the hassle of postage so sorry to those who can't collect.

I live in Aldershot so anyone who is interested and can collect please pm me.