Electric Folding Bike

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Here is a photo, it could be adjusted lower, you just need a small clearance between the top of the battery and the bottom of the saddle:

S7300477.jpg

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Here is a photo, it could be adjusted lower, you just need a small clearance between the top of the battery and the bottom of the saddle:

I had a look at the Sparticle before deciding to self build as I was put off by the price. Also, when I was looking they had 2 setups; the frog battery was only a 24V system, the 36V option being a battery in the front bag. Is that still the case? I'm not sure what the prices are now but about a year ago I was quoted £1200 just for the conversion (36v system). My whole build including a brand new Brompton came to under £1400.

The guys at the Electric Transport Shop do seem to know their stuff though and of course you have somebody to go back to should anything go wrong.

Ben

oli82

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2013
I had a look at the Sparticle before deciding to self build as I was put off by the price. Also, when I was looking they had 2 setups; the frog battery was only a 24V system, the 36V option being a battery in the front bag. Is that still the case? I'm not sure what the prices are now but about a year ago I was quoted £1200 just for the conversion (36v system). My whole build including a brand new Brompton came to under £1400.

The guys at the Electric Transport Shop do seem to know their stuff though and of course you have somebody to go back to should anything go wrong.

Ben
Thanks for the advice, 1400 is really good considering an M3L brompton is now going for 860, without a bag.

I think I will decide between the brompton foldingbike.biz which is around 1750 and the sparticle system which i am told is 930 + the cost of the bike. So really much of a muchness, just have to see which one I prefer. The foldingbike.biz setup does offer a throttle button and 3 standard power settings whilst the sparticle is throttle only but a larger battery 15a vs 9.

Met a guy at Didcot station yesterday who has a nano and said he sold his second car as he no longer needs it!

Thank you all for your help, I will keep you posted on my new purchase whatever it is.

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
Not seen the zephyr before. Looks interesting with the hidden battery.
It doesnt look as if it folds as small as some other folders though. I am guessing probably not something to fit under a desk comfortably. With the same train of thought, the battery cannot be taken off for recharging. Correct?
So if too big to be acceptable under a desk you would need a short commute???