Electric Mountain Bike - Heinzmann - £950 ono

ubiknet

Just Joined
May 15, 2012
Hello folks,

Up for sale is a much loved Electric Montague Paratrooper bike fitted with a Heinzmann motor. This is considered to be the most powerful road-legal motor available and retails for £2400 new, so this is quite a bargain I think.

Full specifications for the bike can be found here:
ElectricMountainBikes.com: EMTB Montague Paratrooper Folding MTB

The battery is the larger of the two mentioned on the website (9.0Ah).

I bought this second hand last July and the bike has run like a dream for the whole period with no issues whatsoever. For my 24 mile daily commute, I generally use about a third of the available power (with a fair amount of pedal assist, and a couple of monstrous hills) and I haven't noticed any drop in battery capacity. However, over winter I managed to ween myself of the motor and a couple of months ago I switched over to a non-electric bike. As such, this has been sitting redundant ever since and I felt it was about time to part with this lovely machine.

As you can see in the photos, there is a certain amount of cosmetic damage to the paintwork. I'm guessing that the particular paint on this bike is prone to flaking, as the only abuse it has endured it from D-locks. There doesn't seem to be any rusting under the paint, or damage to the frame so I'm certain it's just surface wear and can easily be touched-up.

I've never used this off road but with the addition of some off road tyres (and perhaps a rucksack for the battery) it looks like it would be immensely fun:
Electric Paratrooper Mountain Bike Demo - YouTube

I'm based in Weymouth and unfortunately not prepared to post! However I would consider delivering upto about 50 miles. Alternately if you're in the Weymouth region and seriously interested in buying this, then you're more than welcome to take it for a spin before committing.

ubiknet

Just Joined
May 15, 2012
Hello folks,

This is still available, so I'm reducing the price to £850 ono before resorting to eBay as a last resort.

One thing forgot to mention previously is the frame size which I've measured to be 17". But to be honest that's a bit misleading as it's a slightly unconventional shape. To give you an idea of suitability, I'm 5'11" and my partner's 5'8" and we can both ride it comfortably.

Cheers