ElectricBike Journeys around Norfolk

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Electric Journeys around Norfolk

This is a test of my s/h torq2, First 4 hour trip from Norwich to Southrepps and back again.
I am testing the 10amp Nimh Battery that Aldby Kindly gave away on this forum a while back plus a 14amp lithium polymer battery that came with the bike, also the replacement controller and handle bar mounts (VC,GPS,speed,torch), and the rest of the ebike.

Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk

Nimh battery used first covered 25.39mi before cutting out LVC 37.5volts, swooped over to the lipo the rest of the way back 16.81mi lipo still going strong,will need a second trip out,
I used my spy keychain video cam from Southrepps to Norwich.
This is a clip going through southrepps.
YouTube - torq2

From Aylsham to Norwich
YouTube - Alalsham

Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Second trip out charged both batteries lipo on first and went to the beach.
Round trip of 45mi in 3h25m
Lipo cut out at 27mi that was riding on the sand so may be a little further on normal road surfaces, a total range for the two batteries of around 57mi in pedelec mode which opens up the hole of Norfolk.

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Cool. Nice vid. Morphix will be impressed and hopefully will chase you for all the details ..perhaps introduce you to the template .. i.e. where is it mounted, weight, charging, etc ... I would do that but I'm off out for a ride! ...
:)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Andy,

Glad to here the eZee NiMh battery is working OK;)

Good video, but that motor does sound unusually noisy though, I wonder if the mic is picking up more than you are actually hearing when riding:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Does seem loud but then again when i ride there's usually alot of surrounding noise where as you are out where there's no traffic etc...

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Hi Andy,

Glad to here the eZee NiMh battery is working OK;)

motor does sound unusually noisy though, I wonder if the mic is picking up more than you are actually hearing when riding:confused:
Motor is almost silent to the ear and very smooth , as you say the mic is making it sound noisy and ruff, I have already done some mods to the mic on the camera, there was rattaling being picked up from the mic which tuned out to be the small battery moving inside the case, and i also put some glue over the head of the mic which has muffled the sound quite alot and cut out a lot of the wind noise.

Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
This is a clip going through southrepps.

YouTube - torq2

YouTube - Alalsham
Hi Andy, impressive video footage there.. kitchenman was right, you got my interest and curiosity in your camera and setup! Could you tell us where you got the camera and how you mounted it on your bike, or if you wear it on you, how so?

We are looking at different cameras and looking for the best way to get stable videos on bike rides.. you don't seem to be doing too badly at all with your setup.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Hi Andy, impressive video footage there.. kitchenman was right, you got my interest and curiosity in your camera and setup! Could you tell us where you got the camera and how you mounted it on your bike, or if you wear it on you, how so?

We are looking at different cameras and looking for the best way to get stable videos on bike rides.. you don't seem to be doing too badly at all with your setup.

Thanks,

Paul
This was fitted to the handlebars I did a review on this cam a while ago see http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7582-camcorder-helmet-7.html pages 7 and 8, It`s a tuff little cam the dog has had a chew on it, and its been off the bike and down the road a few times.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
This was fitted to the handlebars I did a review on this cam a while ago see http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7582-camcorder-helmet-7.html pages 7 and 8, It`s a tuff little cam the dog has had a chew on it, and its been off the bike and down the road a few times.
Hehe thanks Andy :) Pretty impressive for handlebar mount not too much camera shake at all, my bike is horrendous if I mount a camera there..did you secure it on really well or does your bike have good front suspension?

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Hehe thanks Andy :) Pretty impressive for handlebar mount not too much camera shake at all, my bike is horrendous if I mount a camera there..did you secure it on really well or does your bike have good front suspension?
I use these for lights camera etc
$2.79 - Universal Bicycle Swivel Mount for Flashlights and Lasers (1.7~3.0cm Flexible Diameter) - Bike Accessories

They attach and detach quickly and can be put almost anywhere on the bikes

torq2 dose have suspension as standard

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
does your bike have good front suspension?
Thats a good point. We probably should include details of the bikes suspension in our template. I mounted the CAR DVR and my PSP CAM on my Street Machine recumbent today and this has front and rear suspension and I think you'll find that it makes quite a difference. I'll upload the evidence shortly and the camera shake thread ..

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
This is a test of my s/h torq2, First 4 hour trip from Norwich to Southrepps and back again.
I am testing the 10amp Nimh Battery that Aldby Kindly gave away on this forum a while back plus a 14amp lithium polymer battery that came with the bike, also the replacement controller and handle bar mounts (VC,GPS,speed,torch), and the rest of the ebike.
good post andy........video is good.....roads look quite smooth......good range from the batteries , suppose it being flat as a pancake helps..!!!!

still waiting for the hd keyring cam you suggested, to arrive from hk......

regards

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Just finished my second trip out more info about this trip in the third post on page one, no video this time as something went wrong when trying to download onto the computer.
It recorded all right, I watch the video when I got back then the computer locked up, when I rebooted the SD card had been corrupted so lost the video, riding on the beach going past a seal herd. being surrounded by a herd of sheep going from the field to the farm along the coast road, nudists in the sand dunes a shame as it was well worth a watch:mad:
This is a Google map image of the 2 trips this week.

Heres a couple of pics of the seals from last years photos

Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Just finished my second trip out more info about this trip in the third post on page one, no video this time as something went wrong when trying to download onto the computer.
It recorded all right, I watch the video when I got back then the computer locked up, when I rebooted the SD card had been corrupted so lost the video, riding on the beach going past a seal herd. being surrounded by a herd of sheep going from the field to the farm along the coast road, a shame as it was well worth a watch:mad:
What a shame Andy, worse luck.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Is this an issue with you computer or with your keyring cam?
First time this has happened so no way of knowing, the pc had a few program's running, the GPS Tracker was also downloading at the time and the keyring camera battery was flat I had not given it any time charging before trying to upload the videos, once the computer was rebooted and the SD card was reformatted both work fine again, but all the videos were gone.

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thanks. How did you reformat the SD card? The only time I have had to format a memory card was in Roland SPDS drum unit and that create a particular file system.