Electron Wheel - Copenhagen - Geo Orbital etc

Sandy

Just Joined
May 18, 2017
London
Hi all, I'm looking into getting an electric wheel (to ensure I can return my bike to a regular cycle easily enough, without too much added weight)... there seem to be a few different offerings in the US, but none that ship to the UK. Am I right?

Shipping via air is a nightmare because of the battery size, and then there's import taxes too.

Has anyone had any inspiration? Thank you!!

hobbsy

Just Joined
May 18, 2017
Midlands
Hi all, I'm looking into getting an electric wheel (to ensure I can return my bike to a regular cycle easily enough, without too much added weight)... there seem to be a few different offerings in the US, but none that ship to the UK. Am I right?

Shipping via air is a nightmare because of the battery size, and then there's import taxes too.

Has anyone had any inspiration? Thank you!!
I've sent you a message, I may have a new Geo Orbital going spare (only arrived last week so some of the first in the country I would imagine)

And you're right about duty and the batteries causing shipping issues but got there in the end.

Reactions: Sandy

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Cor, stone the crows, strike me pink, WOT a Fluke.
Sandy joins today asking about a wheel, and within 30 minutes, Hobbsy replies 'Got one for you.'

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

hobbsy

Just Joined
May 18, 2017
Midlands
I just happened to do a search on here to see whether there were many in the country yet and what feedback had been given and I found this thread. Not sure I'm selling yet (I bought one for me, one for wife and she may not want it)...