eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
I found the Nobby Nics a bit flimsy. Put minion on the front and a Der Baron on the back, no more split side walls.
Just put winter tyres on Magic Mary's with apex protection. very stiff side walls, just got to get up the hills to try them out after I get back from Hayling

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thanks SW.

The Magicshine is a superb light, but I wouldn't rush to buy another if it were to go missing. It is quite a house brick size of a light and has too many modes.
There is a smaller light in the range that uses the same clip on mount system, and in hindsight, I should of gone for that instead.

I miss my old Fenix BT20.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
A bit like that bit in Crocodile Dundee where he says "That's not a knife", I can hear Eddie saying "That's not a light"!

What model of the lesser lights in the range is the one yo mean?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
A bit like that bit in Crocodile Dundee where he says "That's not a knife", I can hear Eddie saying "That's not a light"!

What model of the lesser lights in the range is the one yo mean?
:D:D:D

I'd be tempted to say the Eagle M2, but that opinion is based solely upon the solid mount again. I really love the mounting system on my F3 and the M2 has a similar clip on off mount. It still looks an ugly big light though, and still has two of my own major complaints about the F3, and that is the two stupid yellow side light/reflectors, and a battery level indicator that is blindingly bright. I have electrical tape covering both on my light.

If you are looking for a new light, you could do a lot worse than a Fenix BT20. My two pet hates with it were a stupidly small battery pack/case, which I cut off and used my own, and the second is the rubber band mount. I have never been a fan of this method of mounting lights.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Thanks guys, always helpful. Hubs doesn't want to do night rides, but I am very keen so will go google and research.

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys, always helpful. Hubs doesn't want to do night rides, but I am very keen so will go google and research.
I really love night riding and although in the last year it has trailed off, I would normally put in a about 2K miles a year riding at night time. A few things have made it trail off a bit over the last year, but I hope to get back into it again.

If you are looking for a hassle free light that doesn't hopefully overly break the bank balance, a friend of mine uses one of these, which has proved to have been superb. The link should also bring up an extra £5.00 discount code.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lezyne-Macro-Drive-1100-Front-Light_111993.htm?sku=417193&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&mkwid=sWUAHmQPv_dc|pcrid|43133749733|product|417193|&pgrid=12317817533&ptaid=pla-264005673089&utm_source=shopping_google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**SHOPPING+-+Accessories&utm_content=WUAHmQPv_dc|pcrid|43133749733|pkw||pmt||product|417193|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqOpjezR3QIVi813Ch2h_g6DEAQYASABEgLedPD_BwE#

Reactions: BillyBoy88

Albez

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2018
That night riding looks too dangerous to me, I can't imagine the amount of times I would come of my bike. What's the pleasure in it btw because you can't really see much in the way of scenery and riding through the woods at night I think I would just **** myself at every movement in the bush. There's critters and bears in them woods dontcha know? I'm not criticizing as I think it's just a bit crazy and brave at the same time.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I really love night riding and although in the last year it has trailed off, I would normally put in a about 2K miles a year riding at night time. A few things have made it trail off a bit over the last year, but I hope to get back into it again.

If you are looking for a hassle free light that doesn't hopefully overly break the bank balance, a friend of mine uses one of these, which has proved to have been superb. The link should also bring up an extra £5.00 discount code.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lezyne-Macro-Drive-1100-Front-Light_111993.htm?sku=417193&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&mkwid=sWUAHmQPv_dc|pcrid|43133749733|product|417193|&pgrid=12317817533&ptaid=pla-264005673089&utm_source=shopping_google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**SHOPPING+-+Accessories&utm_content=WUAHmQPv_dc|pcrid|43133749733|pkw||pmt||product|417193|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqOpjezR3QIVi813Ch2h_g6DEAQYASABEgLedPD_BwE#
Eddie have you considered fitting high performance Bosch powered light to bike, eg supernova or similar. The amount of night riding you do would justify it.

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Albez.

I really love night riding, and if I didn't then the bike wouldn't get very much use. In many thousands of miles of night riding, and discounting my near miss in the ride before last, I can only recall falling once, and only recall that because I happened to find a photo of it a few days ago.
You say that you don't see much in the way of scenery, but there is plenty more to make up that one, especially if it happens to be a very frosty night, with crystal clear sky. One of the best experiences, was having a barn owl fly along side of me for several hundred metres or so. It was the first one that I have seen that wasn't captive. Quite an amazing sight. There is also an amazing amount of other wild life, and I try to make sure that I am the only weirdo in the woods. :) Occasionally I can still freak my self out though, but that isn't very often.

Getting lost can be a pain though, when fog comes down. It is surprising how everything suddenly changes

Trevor.

I must admit that it isn't something that I have never given much thought to wired in lights. Mainly because I wouldn't want to be using any extra battery consumption. Now that you have raised the subject though, it could well be something to investigate. :)

Reactions: Albez

Related Articles

Advertisers