eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Making use of the fantastic weather we tried for the first time the Black Mountain Cycle Centre. This is hardcore .... check their website for some great vids and photos! I'd be too embarrassed by my limited mtb skills to go at the weekends. This is a pure downhill venue and the black runs are way beyond what I'd ever do on a bike! Even struggled at the top of a red run but lower down was great fun. Highly recommended. A few photos of us today...
bm 22.PNG
bm lin.2PNG.PNG bm6.jpg
bm cpd.PNG

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Making use of the fantastic weather we tried for the first time the Black Mountain Cycle Centre. This is hardcore .... check their website for some great vids and photos! I'd be too embarrassed by my limited mtb skills to go at the weekends. This is a pure downhill venue and the black runs are way beyond what I'd ever do on a bike! Even struggled at the top of a red run but lower down was great fun. Highly recommended. A few photos of us today...
View attachment 16604
View attachment 16605 View attachment 16606
View attachment 16607
I stand to attention and salute you for Jeans and sneakers!

Good find of the site as well.

What would it be like in the wet?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Pretty sure you have just put me off the South all together, that means Gloucestershire and below for me.

I complain about the fly tipping and poachers but no Voodoo here.

Do you have Deer on the downs as riding in the woods here at night is a no no in the autumn and winter.
So long as you only drink bottled water and not tap, all is good. :)

We also have plenty of fly tipping, and poachers. I frequently come across odd torch lights in the local woods, generally they are either blue, or red. Sometimes you startle someone that might have a few terriers with them, but I try give all a wide birth.
I also came across someone last year that had set up an incubator and generator, and appeared to be stealing eggs. I reported that one to the police.

Deer are as common as rodents around here, and as nice as they are to see, are a complete nuisance.
According to a quick Google search, the A22 that runs across Ashdown forest is the most dangerous road in the UK, in respect of collision with deer.
I had a two day old van written off when I hit a stag that bolted from nowhere, and I've lost count of how close that I have been to hitting them when out on the bike.
The one aspect of living here that does grate, is that many drivers will just continually sound there horn as they drive across the forest. Luckily I don't live on section of road that this happens on.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I had to stay at home this afternoon, so figured that I might just as well give one of the CX motors a little pre winter care and attention.

Remove the 'modified' outer bearing seal, without using any chemical based detergents, thoroughly clean all faces, apply a little marine grade grease to the outer face and seal of the motor bearing, refit the outer seal, and then thoroughly but carefully apply marine grade grease to outer edges of the modified seal. Clean the sprocket locking ring thread with isopropanol, and the job is done. All ready to go puddle bashing again tonight. :)

Reactions: chris130256

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
What an amazing starlight cold and frosty night for a ride. Perfect. :)

Cock up number one of the evening. I turned the display off to take the photo, then forgot to turn the bike back on, before heading of down along the stream bed for a ride. It demands the best of concentration when using assist to ride down it, riding it without proved even more entertaining, what with trying to keep moving forward over rocks, without stopping. All good fun though.

Cock up number two of the evening. Getting disorientated in the leaf strewn woods, and ending up completely where I hadn't intended, or ever been before. Whilst you are never really that far from anywhere, the woods aren't the best of place to get it wrong, as much of them are very boggy, and not that pleasant. All good fun again though.

It was like this all around me.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
So I went out today to try my new tyres.

20161203_141505.jpg

Below, looking up the Lugg Valley to Clee Hill.

I went some where I had not been before, "nice change", from the hill side in front you may see the drop. It is the steepest hill I have been down on my bike, at one point I laughed out loud at my stupidity.

Any way tyres worked OK!
20161203_142408.jpg

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
What an amazing starlight cold and frosty night for a ride. Perfect. :)

Cock up number one of the evening. I turned the display off to take the photo, then forgot to turn the bike back on, before heading of down along the stream bed for a ride. It demands the best of concentration when using assist to ride down it, riding it without proved even more entertaining, what with trying to keep moving forward over rocks, without stopping. All good fun though.

Cock up number two of the evening. Getting disorientated in the leaf strewn woods, and ending up completely where I hadn't intended, or ever been before. Whilst you are never really that far from anywhere, the woods aren't the best of place to get it wrong, as much of them are very boggy, and not that pleasant. All good fun again though.

It was like this all around me.

Good set for a slasher movie!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The first photo is worth a Thousand words!
I don't know about a thousand words, but the best part of a thousand expletives are exchanged when we try stunts like that. :D

Actually the last time that it happened I was on my own, and truth be known it did worry me up a bit. :oops:

I got to the stage of not knowing whether to keep going forwards into the bog and hope that it would get better, or turn around and face a good mile or so of this terrain.

I had to jump from grass clump to grass clump, and dared not tread between. Just as well that I was only using the pedal mtb.

I make for a good person to go for a ride with! :D

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers