Sep 22, 2012
  • Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Love the stove!!!
I have all the bike packing gear and usually do a micro adventure 3 to 4 times a year. This usually involves a 100 mile round trip over 1 to 2 days, sleeping in a forest, orchard or where ever i get permission. GREAT FUN! When not bike packing i carry a micro stove kit, stop and make myself a hot BOVRIL! now and again :)

Reactions: Deere John

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
? Something like this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222340858517?_mwBanner=1
What a cool stove!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Yep that is the one. It lives in my van, along with a micro wave, toaster, and toasted sandwich maker. :)

I'm a bit greedy as I have two them, including one which is brand new in a box that I paid £70.00 for. I also have a brand new No3 and No2 cooker, plus about five other No2 cookers, a rare Optimus CF82 army stove that I paid almost pence for, and countless army Trangia stoves.

I get most pleasure from using this Swedish army stainless Trangia set. I just love cooking outside. :)

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the army No12 diesel cooker that I use, and fancy one of these BUNDESWEHR HEINZE DIESELKOCHER instead.

They are superbly engineered and made, and are just so easy to light and use when compared with the poor quality British army effort.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
vodka wins it can get you pissed and you can burn down the forest with it ;)

I generally take a quinoa salad from my favorite Hove delicatessen, a tin of Waitrose sardines and a bottle of fresh water from the Peckham spring that Del boy discovered. I also have an out of date Marathon bar for emergencies that I've yet to need.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Eddie, now that's just showing off. I reckon you could make and sell these for a living.
That was the plan originally, but my mistake was not buying a modular precast oven, and using that instead.
I didn't see one that I felt was suitable quality or standard, and they all crack, irrelevant of price.
Mine on the other hand is very different. I have taken it up to just under 850 degrees internally, and the outside temperature remained exactly the same as the ambient temperature of the day, which was 26 degrees. My only heat loss is either up the chimney which can be blanked, or out of the open front, which again has a door.

The business venture was doomed on the basis of the time and effort taken to build it.

Last edited:

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I'm not going to look at these anymore. I'm a sucker for buying these kind of thinks and refurbishing.
Me too. It's a bloody disease. I cleaned up a rusty paraffin blow torch of my Dad's some years ago. It gets in your head you can get it just that bit nicer... and then there's no going back. Did the same with a weed burner, then moved on to his Mobilette. Now doing the same with a '92 Honda Del Sol, which was in a sorry state when I got her. Last year I snapped a 4" vice that was in my garage:

And was looking on eBay, but then remembered Dad had an old one in a pig sty the roof had come off of. He was in the process on moving so I bombed over to his place to nick it. It was rusty as hell and the bolts holding it to the work bench were seized solid. I was in a white, collared work shirt. What I wasn't ready for was it's weight. This bu$$er weighed four and a half stone, and it was 300' up hill from the pig sty to my car:

Cleaning it up is still a work in progress. I'll paint it in the Spring:

And now I'm looking a stoves on eBay that I have absolutely no use for :rolleyes:

Trouble is I like this thread, however far I've helped drag it off topic!

Gaz

Related Articles

Advertisers