eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I've been taking it easy for a number of week now since bouncing off some visually impaired old guys bonnet, but what a cracking little ride yesterday delivered.
Took my Go Pro so have footage. Struggling to upload to YouTube, Vimeo wants money (tight git, I know!) so I've simply dumped it on my Google drive for now, that is if anyone is even interested to watch!
I'm interested to see if the link even works [emoji14]
Latest lesson I've learnt, is stick to off-road riding!

Blast across the South Downs can be viewed HERE.

No strava, no photos, but spent an hour editing the video with some mildly drole comments.
I too have issues but with youtube.. how does ghee google docs thing work? All I get here it the buffering circle..

I too have issues but with youtube.. how does ghee google docs thing work? All I get here it the buffering circle..
Great questions. Wasn't sure it'd work! I've just tried it myself and I'M getting just a buffering circle which isn't great viewing at all :(
I'm going to speak to Google Re. YouTube this arvo once the call centres transfer over to Ireland.
In the meantime, enjoy that buffering circle y'all :)

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Pleased your ok. Must admit the government need to be much stricter with older drivers, as I can't tell you how many shouldn't be driving!.

My uncle is a case in point i.e. 85 years old, 2 heart attacks within last 5 years, 2 eye operations, high everything, can't hear and when we visit communication is difficult and we now always make the tea as it takes him sooo long to walk to the kitchen.

Look, I'm not being anti old people, but driving a car safely is important!

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ
Pleased your ok. Must admit the government need to be much stricter with older drivers, as I can't tell you how many shouldn't be driving!.

My uncle is a case in point i.e. 85 years old, 2 heart attacks within last 5 years, 2 eye operations, high everything, can't hear and when we visit communication is difficult and we now always make the tea as it takes him sooo long to walk to the kitchen.

Look, I'm not being anti old people, but driving a car safely is important!
Thanks Steve, appreciate it.
The Police and DVLA's ability to 'advise'and 'recommend' are seriously lacking. It seems an accident has to happen before action is taken.
Really, this puts the responsibility back on the likes of you with your Uncle unfortunately, it's the family and people who know them that need to step in. It's difficult telling someone you love and is also your senior they can't do something anymore - take away their freedom. But it is a necessity for their own safety as well as others sometimes. My wife's grandfather hung his keys up at 89 years old after several years of objection and insistence he was fine.
Very difficult one for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Works fine. I have a Google account etc. etc.

Reactions: brightonebikes
Sorted the viewing. After you have tried to open it.. open drive and tap recent where I found it and it plays great. I must say. I like the chest cam angle.
I refreshed the browser and it played fine after that.
Much quicker than uploading to YouTube too.
Chest cam is my favorite view. It really puts you in the cockpit so to speak ;)

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Darren, I seem to recall being able to skirt around on the left hand side of those bushes where you said that it was "always proper boggy"
You're quite right Eddie, it's pretty wide open out to the left.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Darren, I seem to recall being able to skirt around on the left hand side of those bushes where you said that it was "always proper boggy"
What about the boggy boggy bit at the bottom of the dip after the asbestos barn? Any way around that one? [emoji51]

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Luckily I had nothing like that when I was up there on Saturday. Friston Forest was probably the worst, but that wasn't so much the depth of mud, it was the leaves that were being picked up with the mud.

I didn't ride yesterday, but I did pop out to plot and work on a few more ride sections over on a certain local forest.
I never fail to be amazed by what you can spot in the way of new routes when randomly walking about. I discovered a couple of really promising sections yesterday. I carried out some additional clearing, and I'm aiming to head out tonight to try them out.

No horses, and no walkers! :)

There is also a section on one of my regular trips out, that requires you to go over a wooden pedestrian footbridge. Last year, I plucked up the courage to forget crossing the bridge, and just dive down beside it on a very narrow clay section. After having done it once, it has just become second nature to use it each time, and the one thing that had never occurred to before, was to actually take a look at what I had been riding over!

Not quite as stable as I had thought that it was.:D

There is also a section on one of my regular trips out, that requires you to go over a wooden pedestrian footbridge. Last year, I plucked up the courage to forget crossing the bridge, and just dive down beside it on a very narrow clay section. After having done it once, it has just become second nature to use it each time, and the one thing that had never occurred to before, was to actually take a look at what I had been riding over!

Not quite as stable as I had thought that it was.:D

From the photos it doesn't really look trustable. But perhaps up close sturdier that it looks?

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ and IR772

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
The rear hub bearings are total waste. Have never experienced something like it, strange. So I hope they are just to exchange for new ones. It seems like that but will see better when I disasseble the hub later.
well... today I tried to disassemble the rear hub. No luck really, but it's a total mess. The sealings on the XLC hub are wasted also and I can't find new ones online. So.... I decided to order a new hub, maybe one that will last a little longer...

A genuin English hub from Barnoldswick. Hope 4 Pro. Isn't that cool! Every part in that hub has a part number and can be ordered. That's how it should be. Will look forward to this one. But I took the steel freewheel so it will take a week to get. Then I just need to Hope that the spokes fit (they should be according to my measurements) so it's few weeks left until I can ride my bike again :( well well. Luckily (?) we have no snow now so it's apropriate with a road bike :)

Actually I also found some other things. A new handle bar, Jones H-bar (Loop), American stuff but from an English store. And a Salsa seat clamp with integrated threads for rear rack! Will be most interesting this. Can't wait!

well... today I tried to disassemble the rear hub. No luck really, but it's a total mess. The sealings on the XLC hub are wasted also and I can't find new ones online. So.... I decided to order a new hub, maybe one that will last a little longer...

A genuin English hub from Barnoldswick. Hope 4 Pro. Isn't that cool! Every part in that hub has a part number and can be ordered. That's how it should be. Will look forward to this one. But I took the steel freewheel so it will take a week to get. Then I just need to Hope that the spokes fit (they should be according to my measurements) so it's few weeks left until I can ride my bike again :( well well. Luckily (?) we have no snow now so it's apropriate with a road bike :)

Actually I also found some other things. A new handle bar, Jones H-bar (Loop), American stuff but from an English store. And a Salsa seat clamp with integrated threads for rear rack! Will be most interesting this. Can't wait!
XLC to Hope, good move. Hope you don't get annoyed by the sound of the free-hub on it! They can be quite loud and gets on my wick! Fussy sod am I or what!

• Informative
Reactions: Deere John

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I had hope pro 2's years ago, and the hubs were great bar that bloody noise. I stripped them out, lubed but made little different due to ratchet system. I'm running DTSwiss 240's and i really like them, also no noise and very serviceable.

Some people like the noise of course!

Last edited:
Reactions: Denis99

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
I've been taking it easy for a number of week now since bouncing off some visually impaired old guys bonnet, but what a cracking little ride yesterday delivered.
Took my Go Pro so have footage. Struggling to upload to YouTube, Vimeo wants money (tight git, I know!) so I've simply dumped it on my Google drive for now, that is if anyone is even interested to watch!
I'm interested to see if the link even works :p
Latest lesson I've learnt, is stick to off-road riding!

Blast across the South Downs can be viewed HERE.

No strava, no photos, but spent an hour editing the video with some mildly drole comments.
Cracking video, thanks for that.

Lawsinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
Here's an interesting photo of todays ride - To the office! :p:D

First commute of the year half completed, a bit belated thanks to something going wrong every time I committed to do a commute.

IMG_0270.JPG
Commute.png

A cheeky 17 mile commute this morning which made me realise (via my soggy knackers) that I need a rear mudguard!

Onwards and upwards, hopefully to a proper ride in the lakes this weekend!

Related Articles

Advertisers