eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Now we have autumn again :)

Lovely shot, and perfect terrain as well. :)

Out of interest, do you have an Instagram account?

With approx 75mm of rain over night and with it still raining now, I opted out of riding tonight. I had thought about just sticking to the roads, but neither bike is ideal for that use.

I can see me doing a bit more road riding this winter as I need to get some miles put in, but there is no way that my Mercier road bike is being ridden when conditions are like this, so I'm currently hovering on buying a Boardman Hybrid, but buying that would screw me for buying the Echo trials bike that I am longing to get. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Lovely shot, and perfect terrain as well. :)

Out of interest, do you have an Instagram account?
Thanks Eddie! Haven't tried Instagram yet.

With approx 75mm of rain over night and with it still raining now, I opted out of riding tonight. I had thought about just sticking to the roads, but neither bike is ideal for that use.

I can see me doing a bit more road riding this winter as I need to get some miles put in, but there is no way that my Mercier road bike is being ridden when conditions are like this, so I'm currently hovering on buying a Boardman Hybrid, but buying that would screw me for buying the Echo trials bike that I am longing to get. Time will tell.
Yes, difficult finding an optimal bike :) yesterday I was looking at Specialized Roubaix and such, would be nice as all-round road bike. But I don't know, compromises can be boring :)

(but maybe next autumn a such will replace both racer and hybrid, lets see...)

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Sorry for spamming the thread again but today was so totally wonderful! Felt like spring almost :) I had to take long lunch just to enjoy some riding in the forrest. Was out for 1 ½ hour and explored some new trails. At one place I saw an owl also! It was flying only 2m behind me, cool! Have never seen one before, at least not when I was sure it really was an owl.

Haibike 161122
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Haibike fir stripes

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
It seems the left sides plate is glued with some glue that don't like water :) it fell of today, here it's half off. Later the plate was lying on the ground. Really strange. Have to improve that gluing myself :)

Bosch side falling off.jpg

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Sorry for spamming the thread again but today was so totally wonderful! Felt like spring almost :) I had to take long lunch just to enjoy some riding in the forrest. Was out for 1 ½ hour and explored some new trails. At one place I saw an owl also! It was flying only 2m behind me, cool! Have never seen one before, at least not when I was sure it really was an owl.

Haibike 161122

Haibike fir stripes

BEAST!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You will have to go back there and take a further photo when the winter freeze starts to set in. :)

Sadly no riding this week, due to a back issue, but I'm hoping to get to the South Downs on Saturday to make up for it.

I have also decided to swap out the saddle and grips on the hardtail, and ordered up a Ragley Tracker saddle and a pair of Ritchey WCS foam True Grips. I'm easily pleased. :)
Next job on the hardtail after that, is to bin the remote lock out and also have the front forks reworked. I've not like them from new, and decided that the time has come to get around to sorting them out.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: soundwave

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
You will have to go back there and take a further photo when the winter freeze starts to set in. :)
you bet I will! :)

Next job on the hardtail after that, is to bin the remote lock out
next project for me too, can't understand why they are shipping with remote lock, good selling point maybe but most people doesn't want them. It should at least come supplied with components for removing it.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Forest of Dean yesterday 18 miles including The Verderers and the Freeminers trails. The Freeminers is a much slower red graded run and very technical for much of the route. You have to give it maximum concentration all of the time or it'll bite you.
First pic my wife Lin at the top of the Verderers. 2 other pics the wife and me on the Freeminers. Good day with great weather and very little mud.
FILE0001.JPG
chris fod.4PNG.PNG
l fod.PNG

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nice one Chris, perfect weather again for you. :)

I thought that I would grab the chance to get an early start on the South Downs this morning. 34.7 miles, a disappointing elevation gain of 3,773ft and checking range, 25 miles for the first battery.

It was a pretty cold ride, but at least the riding conditions were pretty much spot on, although the heavy morning dew, made the chalk section very slippery. Sadly I had to cut the ride short, in order to get home and fire up the pizza oven. Standing outside in front of the warm fire, downing a bottle of Tribute, made for a lovely end to the ride. :)

edit.. I forgot to add that I got talking to a lad who had a hang glider, and at the end of the conversation he pointed out that the glider was a tandem, and indicated that I would be more than welcome to go up with him. Had it been a paraglider, I'd have jumped at the chance, but I don't fancy my chances with a hang glider.

East Dean and my favourite stop off point.

One for the cold weather.

One for the hot weather, the Tiger pub.

Beachy Head.

Hutchinson Toro tyres. Gripping stuff.

Last edited:

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Nice one Chris, perfect weather again for you. :)

I thought that I would grab the chance to get an early start on the South Downs this morning. 34.7 miles, a disappointing elevation gain of 3,773ft and checking range, 25 miles for the first battery.

It was a pretty cold ride, but at least the riding conditions were pretty much spot on, although the heavy morning dew, made the chalk section very slippery. Sadly I had to cut the ride short, in order to get home and fire up the pizza oven. Standing outside in front of the warm fire, downing a bottle of Tribute, made for a lovely end to the ride. :)

edit.. I forgot to add that I got talking to a lad who had a hang glider, and at the end of the conversation he pointed out that the glider was a tandem, and indicated that I would be more than welcome to go up with him. Had it been a paraglider, I'd have jumped at the chance, but I don't fancy my chances with a hang glider.

East Dean and my favourite stop off point.

One for the cold weather.

One for the hot weather, the Tiger pub.

Beachy Head.

Hutchinson Toro tyres. Gripping stuff.

The Beachy Head light house photo is premier.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Ahh!!! That must have been the shot that Gubbins had been trying to shield me from! :)

Certainly amazing views. :)

This is the last of the lot from yesterday.

Spot the schoolboy error with this one!

I'd be interested to learn what the axle came from on the left of this shot. Sadly you can't get close enough to look.

Sadly the light was very poor yesterday.

And finally Alfriston village. My favourite start/finish location. This is the first time that I have ever seen it traffic and almost people free.

I could spend some serious money on the food that this little shop has to offer.

Related Articles

Advertisers