Error 32

MrFixIt

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Folks,
I've just purchased a Basis Beacon ebike (as a non-runner) everything appears to fire up but motor won't kick in and (when prompted) the display shows error code 32. But I can't fine error 32 listed anywhere.
The motor tests fine for hall and phase, the power is (obviously) getting to the display, there is 5V coming from the controller to feed the hall sensors in the motor and the little LED on the PAS sensor flashes when I turn the pedals - but nothing.

I disconnected the brake sensor wires and tried again but still nothing.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Folks,
I've just purchased a Basis Beacon ebike (as a non-runner) everything appears to fire up but motor won't kick in and (when prompted) the display shows error code 32. But I can't fine error 32 listed anywhere.
The motor tests fine for hall and phase, the power is (obviously) getting to the display, there is 5V coming from the controller to feed the hall sensors in the motor and the little LED on the PAS sensor flashes when I turn the pedals - but nothing.

I disconnected the brake sensor wires and tried again but still nothing.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
What display do you have? All the pictures on Google show an LED panel that uses flashing lights for error codes.

MrFixIt

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
What display do you have? All the pictures on Google show an LED panel that uses flashing lights for error codes.
Hi saneagle and thanks for responding - much appreciated.

The LCD display has no makers name and none of the listings I can see for this bike specify the make or model (see pics) and there was no user manual with the bike.

The controller is from a Chinese manufacturer I have not come across before.

I hope this helps make the situation a little clearer.

Thanks again for your input.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That's interesting, it's a Santroll controller. I think I've seen the LCD before, but don't know who makes it.

MrFixIt

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Thanks for your input.

I did track down an identical display and downloaded the instructions but it does not show error code 32. I also unplugged the display and plugged it in next to the controller - and now it shows error 33 instead!

I am reasonably sure it is a comms error but don't know if it is the display or the controller so I have decided to swap out both of them. Won't discard the existing components until I've got the new setup working in case it is simply the PAS.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for your input.

I did track down an identical display and downloaded the instructions but it does not show error code 32. I also unplugged the display and plugged it in next to the controller - and now it shows error 33 instead!

I am reasonably sure it is a comms error but don't know if it is the display or the controller so I have decided to swap out both of them. Won't discard the existing components until I've got the new setup working in case it is simply the PAS.
If you're going to change bothe controller and LCD, it would be better to get ones that we know ow how they work, like KT or Brainpower.