Error 500

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Got this code "500". Might it be related to getting caught In a massive downpour last night?

What do I do now to clear the error as I get no assistance at all?

D

Deleted member 4366

Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I've only had this once. Restart system, if that doesn't work go home and dry all off and clean all battery / system electrical points. If that doesn't work bosch dealer.

• Agree
Reactions: bigclick

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will only get back the motor that is on the bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

How long is the warranty on them? Mine is nearly three years old
Oh dear! Please keep us informed what happens now. I think you're the first that's reported a problem like that out of warranty. This will be very interesting for all those with similar Bosch bikes.

The first step is to take it back to the dealer and see what they say. Ideally, you need to go to the original dealer that sold the bike.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
I have taken it to a local Bosh ebike dealer.
He can't look at it until Monday but will update here if there is any news.

Reactions: Steve A
D

Deleted member 4366

The original dealer doesn't do servicing until November
That's interesting and doesn't surprise me. Thousands of people have these sort of bikes now, and many are going over 3 years old, which is probably the sort of time when failures will start. I just can't see how the industry is setup to deal with this sort of thing. There's very few bike shops that would know how to unplug a connector, let alone remove or disassemble a motor.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: bigclick

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he cant scrap it as it has to be sent back so he can buy a new one even out of warranty. fkn stupid but that is the way bosch wants it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say it is worth a new motor for 600 quid as that be like me scraping my hole bike lol

D

Deleted member 4366

Is there a danger of software identification mismatch between the motor, battery and control panel? How do they look after that with a replacement motor? Do you still have to go to a Bosch dealer to get something sorted?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it might be why they need the old motor back first b4 you can buy a new one is all i can think off.

dealers cant do that with what they have so only bosch can do it imo.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is there a danger of software identification mismatch between the motor, battery and control panel? How do they look after that with a replacement motor? Do you still have to go to a Bosch dealer to get something sorted?
They fitted my new motor and just plugged it in to a laptop which went online and updated automatically.

D

Deleted member 4366

They fitted my new motor and just plugged it in to a laptop which went online and updated automatically.
That's what I mean, so you can't do it yourself. That's worse than the Kalkhoff then because they send you a plug-and-play motor, and it's only £360.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That's what I mean, so you can't do it yourself. That's worse than the Kalkhoff then because they send you a plug-and-play motor, and it's only £360.
Just because they did an update doesn't mean it won't work without. When I had the purion fitted they did an update and the odometer showed the same distance as on the intuvia display. They told me all the data is stored in the motor.

Related Articles

Advertisers