Events: 15th NEC Cycle Show Birmingham: 23rd-25th September 2016

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Was it my imagination, or did I spot a Stealth Bomber at the 1.15 point?

If it were, I'm surprised that they have got away with that one.
what that the ramp never collapsed while it was going round it lol ;)

lozw

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2016
RG45
Having read the hype about that, it looks very poor and disappointing to say the least.

Was it my imagination, or did I spot a Stealth Bomber at the 1.15 point?

If it were, I'm surprised that they have got away with that one.

Yes, it was a Stealth. The rider was constantly having to brake because the others were riding so slow

Whilst they only had a few riders on the track at a time the problem was many of them would end up queuing behind the slowest rider, of which there were a few!

lozw

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2016
RG45
Both Bosch and Shimano had stands exhibiting their stuff. However, the Shimano stand seemed devoid of any staff both times I passed through, but the Bosch one was well staffed and I had a good chat there. They said they had released a software update in the last 3 weeks that delivered more torque and users should go to their dealers to get it installed.
untitled-01631.jpg untitled-01640.jpg

What surprised me was there was a huge number of eBikes on display. The percentage of eBikes to normal bikes was a lot higher than I expected.
Partly I guess because the exhibition generally only has the more expensive stuff on display - and eBikes are certainly in that more expensive category :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Shimano have a bigger stand near the EBike village where most of the serious brands are gathered including the less expensive.

The Shimano staff here (next to us) seems to be manned at all times.

All the best, David

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Quite a number of brands conspicuously missing from this year's show. Freego didn't arrive though I thought they were all booked up and in the early lists of manufacturers attending.
A to B also were absent this year. Powerbike and Powacycle used to attend every year for as long as we've been showing.
EMU were there for the first time last year, but not this. Any others? What happened to Spencer Ivy?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The problem was
That was about as busy as I saw it
The stand had a big wall running own the middle, a very poor design IMO. There was always one and sometimes two chaps there but he/they could well have been on the other side of the wall!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Quite a number of brands conspicuously missing from this year's show. Freego didn't arrive though I thought they were all booked up and in the early lists of manufacturers attending.
A to B also were absent this year. Powerbike and Powacycle used to attend every year for as long as we've been showing.
EMU were there for the first time last year, but not this. Any others? What happened to Spencer Ivy?
Good point Bob, a couple of those brands seem to have disapeared and others don't have anything really worthwhile to shout about. The show is horribly expensive for brands to attend, I suppose they didn't think it was a good use of funds?

Like you, we had a great time!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I saw three of them there too Keith, Richard and John, and had a long chat, it was nice to see them again. They mentioned they had probably made a mistake by not showing.

Paul and Rick Stanforth were also there for a couple of days.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I missed having a chat with Andrew from Oxygen - always good fun at build time but had a brief chat with John from SYEB. No sign of Volt or GTech.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I found the show very enjoyable and rode a few bikes.
I rode two Riese & Muller's, one with nuvi and a gates belt the other with derailleur gearing. Got to admit that this was my first time riding a crank drive and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You could also feel the quality and comfort in those R&M bikes....I'm very very tempted.
Then I rode the Giant Road E2. Lively bike, the Yamaha motor really took off. For me though the ride was too hard and the riding position not for me. I think I need more suspension via shocks and fatter tyres.
I then rode the BMW. Nice but nothing special. The girl told me the bike was built in BMWs factory. Hmmm I don't think so. The motor & battery were all 2015 and the price 2017. These designer bikes are all badged up to extract max cash from gullible punters.
Then I rode the Wisper Torque. A very comfortable bike and very quiet. There's something about that bike that ticks so many boxes so I can see why it's so popular at its price point.
Three other bikes stood out for me. The Cube and KTM hard-line EMtbs and the Bianchi emtb
My one regret was there were no Specialized, BHemotion there and I never got to test any bikes with the Brose motor.

Nice to meet the team at Amps and to chat with David.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Crockers, it was good to meet you and thanks for your kind words about the Wisper 705Torque and the RM bikes. We had so many great comments (particularly regarding the Wisper Torque bikes) and took a good number of orders. It was a good show.

All the best, David

Reactions: D8ve