Best regards Doug/Phil
01425 627641

Last edited:

bamo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 16, 2008
Ex showroom New Wisper Works 905e for sale

Hi,
I am interested in buying one fo these bikes, do you have a photo of one to make sure I am on the right bike and is it the new model.

thanks
Iain
iain.bamforth@gmail.com

wisper new milton

Jun 6, 2007
Wisper 905e

Hi Ian, its not the new model but the original 905e with the newer 36v 10ah battery, It is the same bike that isa in the website.
regarde Doug

hawkwind

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2007
MMmmmnnn.
After being quoted £600 for an ex demonstration last year, then being charged £800+ you told me "No way on earth would we ever sell a 905e ex demo for £600" ?????

Ok you did knock the price down to £720.
I was livid at the time, i am still livid and a darn site more furious now :mad:

C

Cyclezee

I see that Wisper has sold one 905e on eBay for £600. This one had a starting price of £350, a reserve of £400 and a Buy it Now price of £600.
A 2nd one has been put on eBay, starting price is now £500, Buy it Now £600, but the description still states a £400 reserve:confused: This doesn't add up:rolleyes:
Just to confuse things further,the bikes are located in Kent, but can be viewed and collected in Hampshire:confused:

John

Last edited by a moderator:

wisper new milton

Jun 6, 2007
Wisper

:) Hi again, Just to let you know that what we said at the time regarding discounts was correct, but that was a year ago!!! All companies have clearance sales to introduce the new ranges and to make room for new uprated models and we may even do this for the UK SE when it arrives but that would be in late 2009! Always feel free to call direct if you want to discuss anything at all, we dont bite!

I dont log on more than once a week so always feel free to call 01425 627641 to ask anything, regards Doug

PS. Everything is operating from New Milton for the Uk now but the International sales operates from Kent. Doug:)

Sep 24, 2007
I've had a 905e and sold it. Personally, I wouldn't consider buying a 905e (as opposed to the 905se) unless it was no more than £500. I think £600 for an ex-demo one (which could mean absolutely anything, couldn't it?) is too much for this bike.

The forks on the 905e are completely rubbish. I replaced mine but this was made very difficult because the steerer is 1" threaded (unlike every other bike in the world which are usually 1" 1/8th). The head bearings are BMX standard... in fact less, I'd say. I replaced mine and had to modify it a lot to do so. This is mentioned in many threads on this site. In total, I spent almost £200 on mine and, even then, it still had problems with spokes loosening daily, bits dropping off etc.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Uk Se 2009??

:) Hi again, Just to let you know that what we said at the time regarding discounts was correct, but that was a year ago!!! All companies have clearance sales to introduce the new ranges and to make room for new uprated models and we may even do this for the UK SE when it arrives but that would be in late 2009! Always feel free to call direct if you want to discuss anything at all, we dont bite!

I dont log on more than once a week so always feel free to call 01425 627641 to ask anything, regards Doug

PS. Everything is operating from New Milton for the Uk now but the International sales operates from Kent. Doug:)
Hi Doug
So what is the new UK SE released in 2009? I am quite confused now and okay it doesn't take a lot, lol!
Anyway, I purchased an SE from Germany and should arrive soon hopefully?
So what changes will you be making? After all the bikes come from China.
Do you make the changes yourselves?
The SE bike I have purchased from Germany has the Wisper logo and seems a good price?
Surely the e one's are old hat now especially ex show room models?
I guess it depends on where you purchase like everything else :0)
I do actually see where the previous guys posting are coming from.
One other question though?
I understand although not read from previous posts that the SE bikes bought from Germany would not be covered under the "Wisper" Guarantee in the UK?
Why? The "Wisper" name appears on the bike so therefore should be covered under european law, should it not? Regardless of whether it is made in China?
It carries the "Wisper" Name.
Kindest Regards
Mandy :0)
PS
My feelings are that some company's in the UK should start making good electric bikes instead of shipping crate loads of electric bikes from China.
In short: Why are not the UK manufacturer's making "good" electric bikes? I guess it is too expensive? Just doesn't seem right to me?
OK thought I would have a moan, lol!
I want the UK to get in there!!!

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
We've made one in England for many years Mandy, perhaps longer on the market than any other e-bike in the world:

TGA-Electrobike

Hi Flecc
Well I had not been aware of that one before and have added to my favourites.
I just wish this country would get in there and make more and not just import them.
I am aware of manufacturing costs as I worked in manufacturing for 19 years as a supervisor and it was deemed cheaper to make our product abroad, hence my redundancy and the re-location of the company.
I just think it is a real shame and whilst I now work in an office and am really happy and have redirected my skills, I just think that manufacturing of any product in the UK is becoming an impossibility and a dying art.
I know the reasons, just don't know why it should happen apart from the economy.
It pains me that customer service on even credit cards has gone that way too and even getting advice on your broadband router, just annoys me, sorry.

Mandy

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

just a gentle prod to continue this in the main forum! I'd like to keep this section of the forum just for negotiation between buyers and sellers.

wisper new milton

Jun 6, 2007
warranty

Hi Mandy, sorry if the reply is late but I only log on every 2 weeks or so. We wanted to get our bikes made in the UK but couldn't find a manufacturer to make our frame at the time less than £420 each and a full bike for less than £2500! Its as simple as that!
With regard to Warranties, its covered under the sale of goods act, the contract is with the seller and the buyer, and with regard to the German bikes, these were specifically produced for the German distributor and has different specs to where we sell in Australia, which has different specs to Canada, Holland, Spain and Norway. All are different.
Buy a Wisper from a UK distributor and in the event of a problem you contact the seller not us direct.
All Mercedes are made in Germany, but try to sell an "import" and it has a far less value. Not quite the same I know but I am sure you get the drift.
If you send me your email address I can forward the UK range specs with pleasure.
Give me a call if its easier on 01425 627641 regards Doug

C

Cyclezee

905se Spec

Can you, as the owners of Wisper please spell out clearly and unambiguously, the precise difference in specification between a German sourced 905se and a UK sourced one?

John

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Mandy, sorry if the reply is late but I only log on every 2 weeks or so. We wanted to get our bikes made in the UK but couldn't find a manufacturer to make our frame at the time less than £420 each and a full bike for less than £2500! Its as simple as that!
With regard to Warranties, its covered under the sale of goods act, the contract is with the seller and the buyer, and with regard to the German bikes, these were specifically produced for the German distributor and has different specs to where we sell in Australia, which has different specs to Canada, Holland, Spain and Norway. All are different.
Buy a Wisper from a UK distributor and in the event of a problem you contact the seller not us direct.
All Mercedes are made in Germany, but try to sell an "import" and it has a far less value. Not quite the same I know but I am sure you get the drift.
If you send me your email address I can forward the UK range specs with pleasure.

Do you really think that, say, John Lewis, would insult their potential customers intelligence with such BS.
I am getting increasingly sick of such nonsense. I feel like ringing trading standards. It really is the limit. If you can't guarantee the warranty then don't sell them, simple as that.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi Doug
Oops, I hope I haven't started a war? Didn't mean to :0(
Whilst I know where you are coming from to some degree I still do not understand all the different specs for one bike?
I understand the different laws in different countries regarding motor, battery etc, but surely the frame and other components are the same surely? The basic bike, yes?
It seems to me that there seems too many fingers in the big pie so to speak.
I would like a list of the specs if possible in relation to the UK versus German bike if you are able Doug so I can understand a little better. my email is :
mandy@hervaio.fsnet.co.uk

Also if possible Doug, do you or anyone else have instructions for putting the bike together? I am hoping you have this somewhwere at your disposal as all the different specs can't be that different can they?
I am kind of expecting my instructions to be in German when it finally arrives tomorrow and am a little concerned :confused:

Kindest Regards

Mandy

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Do you really think that, say, John Lewis, would insult their potential customers intelligence with such BS.
I am getting increasingly sick of such nonsense. I feel like ringing trading standards. It really is the limit. If you can't guarantee the warranty then don't sell them, simple as that.

Hi Musicbooks

Ok I can see where you may be coming from, however, I am the one here taking a chance on buying one of these from Germany to save money so don't be so harsh on Doug he is only representing the facts as he sees them.

Some well known camera/computer manufacturers will not cover you if you buy a product abroad and it will state this in the warranty which my neice found out to her peril on her return from Australia on a round the world trip.

I am not sure whether I am right or not but believe that "Wisper" is part of a large franchise that purchases and distributes world wide? The individual franchise for each country would then be responsible for the bikes they supply. I may be completely off the mark here but am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong ;)
This may then allow for certain differences depending on the franchise owner.
However, I would like to know the differences and that is all I ask, no more no less and really didn't want to start an argument on this one :eek:

Soz

Kindest

Mand

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi all,

just a gentle prod to continue this in the main forum! I'd like to keep this section of the forum just for negotiation between buyers and sellers.
Hi Russ

Sorry my fault but wasn't sure how to move the thread and wanted to respond.
Am sure it will all sort itself out :confused:

Mand