exta energy

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
hi just noticed extra energy in row with magazine over independence of testing e bikes,also noticed advert for victoria bikes surprised they have such large model range nearly 20 different models of ebike

jim

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
surprised they have such large model range nearly 20 different models of ebike
Bet they're all being sold direct from the manufacturer rather than stock (variable lead time).

On the subjct of testing, I'd prefer to see some standardisation, so the pottential customer can base their decision on figures that actually mean something comparitively. It'd also introduce an element of true competition, and so drive development to new standards of excellence. Maybe there'll be a "Which e-bike" someday.

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
hi just noticed extra energy in row with magazine over independence of testing e bikes,also noticed advert for victoria bikes surprised they have such large model range nearly 20 different models of ebike

jim
Urm....who are Extra Energy and Victoria Bikes?Which magazine?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've criticised the Extra Energy test before, so poorly set up and subjective and the climb test so easy, the results are near to useless. Here's the link to the English language tests report:

Extra Energy

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Extra Energy

Hi Bigbee

EA seem to be a self appointed test house for Electric bikes especialy in continental Europe. I am not certain how much their advice is heeded but they are very active. In my opinion they are good for the industry, at least it gives a bench mark for manufacturers to work around. We will be sending our new range of European spec-ed bikes (C700 wheels and Alfine hub geared with a front motor) to EA for testing later this year.

Best regards David