Ezee 20% Price Reductions!

C

Cyclezee

I am off to China today to test the new Wisper 906 which will be launched in the early summer, the 906 will be a top of the range model with all the kit, including the splendid 8 speed Shimano Alfine rear hub. We will retain the throttle but it will now work in coordination with a new Japanese motor, controller, torque sensor system developed for Wisper. Not cheap, but worth waiting for.

All the best David :)
Sounds like this could be the bike Flecc was hinting at? Could this be the E-Bike of 2009?

J:) hn

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Wisper 906 is indeed the new 2009 high end contender I mentioned recently without identifying it. I believe it's also currently being tested in the New Zealand hills. And the motor is in the front wheel of course, with that Alfine hub in the rear, a new departure for Wisper.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Hi Flecc

Just to point out that the 905's will still be a large part of our future. The 906 is simply an addition and not a replacement, it will be considerably more expensive than the 905's. the battery options will remain the same as in the 905 range and will be interchangeable.

We are also going to be testing the new 36V 14A Wisper Trike and the new 806 folder. Now our range is almost complete we will be submitting all our bikes to David at A to B for testing.

Best regards David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes indeed David, I checked that with Dick Lai as i thought the 905 series would remain current. They are complementary, giving front or rear motor choice as well.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Hi Bob

Good idea!

I am off to China today to test the new Wisper 906 which will be launched in the early summer, the 906 will be a top of the range model with all the kit, including the splendid 8 speed Shimano Alfine rear hub. We will retain the throttle but it will now work in coordination with a new Japanese motor, controller, torque sensor system developed for Wisper. Not cheap, but worth waiting for.

All the best David :)
Will it look any different to the 905.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can't show you the photo before David launches it Paul, but the frame is immediately recognisable as belonging to the Wisper family.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I can't show you the photo before David launches it Paul, but the frame is immediately recognisable as belonging to the Wisper family.
To me thats dissapointing if it looks like the earlier models,i would like to see something striking from wisper,especially if it is going to be more expensive,something different from all those similar black frame cheap copies.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New frame

Hi Paul

I think you are absolutely right, we do need a new frame and maybe I will delay the launch until we have designed one. The 906 project has been put on hold for a few months, since we found out that some of the motor components are not RoHS compliant and it did not meet the new EC frequency guidelines.

Good thinks come to those who wait! :)

Best regards David

C

Cyclezee

How about an Ezee then, nice frame, nice motor, nice components, now with nice batteries and nicer prices;)

C

Cyclezee

There's a thread on that here. ;) :D :p
Ha Ha Ha Flecc, there goes another rib:rolleyes:
The point I was trying to make was that in my humble opinion, from my point of view and, if I may be so bold, the Ezee range of bikes is better than Wisper.
I have owned and ridden several of both and the build quality of the Ezee is eazzzily superior to that of the Wisper, but don't say it too loud.

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ha Ha Ha Flecc, there goes another rib:rolleyes:
The point I was trying to make was that in my humble opinion, from my point of view and, if I may be so bold, the Ezee range of bikes is better than Wisper.
I have owned and ridden several of both and the build quality of the Ezee is eazzzily superior to that of the Wisper, but don't say it too loud.

John
Yes, I'd guessed at your meaning John, but I think there's another dimension now. If as David says, the 906 ends up with a different frame, how close will it be to an eZee in looks?

Getting away from the Wisper curved crossbar look on a front hub motor bike with rear of seatpost large battery will bring them much closer unless something eccentric is done.

C

Cyclezee

Time will tell with that one Flecc, as things stand Ezee has Wisper beat.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Time will tell with that one Flecc, as things stand Ezee has Wisper beat.

What I like is the way the whole high end is improving, European quality bikes from Kalkhoff, Gazelle, Sparta etc, eZee clearly upping their game over the last year or so, and now Wisper moving up market, the Japanese motor and Alfine hub holding out promise of something good.

With the low end up to £699 still around, there's going to be quite a hole in the £800 to £1000 region shortly. An opportunity for someone perhaps?

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Wisper vs EZee that is almost like Betamax and VHS war. Wonder who will be VHS?

Suppose that makes the Kalkhoff Proconnect Sport the Bluray player of the Electric bike world. I just got the Bluray player which is also a Panasonic BD30 which is the best DVD I have ever had in my whole life.

thx

Bob

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Hi

Wisper vs EZee that is almost like Betamax and VHS war. Wonder who will be VHS?

Suppose that makes the Kalkhoff Proconnect Sport the Bluray player of the Electric bike world. I just got the Bluray player which is also a Panasonic BD30 which is the best DVD I have ever had in my whole life.

thx

Bob
Fortunatley we all have different tastes, otherwise there would be no choice available,there would be just one electric bike available,one recording artist,one type of food, one car manufacturer etc etc,there is room for both players,to keep buyers happy.

C

Cyclezee

Ezee Prices Up Again

Ezee's price reductions have disappeared as quickly as they came:confused: Battery prices have increased to £395, ouch:eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ezee's price reductions have disappeared as quickly as they came:confused: Battery prices have increased to £395, ouch:eek:

The reductions were on stock which has probably been moved, so I guess we are now back to new supplies which are bearing the full brunt of current exchange rates.

It looks like 2009 will have plenty of choice of makes and models but rather high prices, even the former £499 e-bikes up to £699 now.

On batteries, I'm not yet completely confident that all lithium technology troubles are completely over, and with suppliers having to improve warranties from 3 to 6 months up to one or even two years now, any warranty replacement costs will have to be incorporated in the prices at some stage since it can't come from anywhere else.