Ezee Forza manual

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Does anyone know of a link to the Ezee Forza manual. I have searched a few sites including the Ezee one and cannot find it anywhere.
I bought a new battery from Onbike this week thinking my other one had died but still the bike is motionless and have seen now that i have 9 flashing lights near the battery which i presume means a fault somewhere and having lost my original manual i am somewhat stuck.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
9 flashes looks unlikely on the surface, since eZee say that's wrong motor connected. However it could indicate a motor fault. Here's the associated listings:

8 hall wires to motor disconnection. check motor hall wires for connection

9 wrong motor connected. contact distributor

10 temp. too high, thermostat activated will return to normal when cooled.

Meanwhile I've uploaded the eZee User Manual to one of my websites for you so that you can access it or print it out. Here's the link:

eZee User Manual PDF

Last edited:

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the lightning reply Flecc !
Been back and counted the lights again and its still 9 although sometimes its steady if i switch it on and off a few times so looks like theres a serious fault somewhere :(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It does seem to be a motor fault, though I wouldn't completely rule out the controller. The F series bikes have had different motors over time, so you'll need the age and serial number to be sure of getting the right parts. A motor fault is normally repaired by slipping a new motor core into the existing hub and reconnecting the 8 wires to the controller.

Are you anywhere near the eZee distributor Onbike at Kidderminster or Presteigne?

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
No i'm on the Isle of Wight ( feels like the other side of the world at times !)
How long should a new battery take to charge ? I charged it for 4 hours this morning and the green light came on to say it had finished i have decided to check the battery out again and its on orange and is charging again.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If it's the 14 Ah battery Martin, this can happen very occasionally with the existing chargers, which can cut off on a time basis before the battery is fully charged. There's no fault, a number of us have seen this happen. The full charge from completely empty can take over six hours, but I haven't timed it from completely empty.

Martinm

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks again Flecc , i now have the battery fully charged and it still doesnt want to go anywhere just a slight turn of the wheel indicating theres life but only just. Not being a technical personi think i will give Onbike a call on Wednesday and see what they can suggest.

jateureka2

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2010
QLD Australia
Did you get it sorted?

From the Hebb Electroglide 500 manual (similar to eZee Sprint) 9 flashes means there is a fault in the motor 3 phase wires and to disconnect the motor cable and check for open circuit between the motor phases.

You can download the Hebb service manual and user manual here http://www.hebbebikes.com/pdf/Hebb-ebike-EG500-Service-Manual.pdf
http://www.hebbebikes.com/pdf/Hebb-ebike-Model-500-Manual.pdf

You can also download the user manual for the Torque (similar to Forza) and the battery useage sheet from here eZee Bikes Forza Electric Mountain Bike just scroll down to Product Description then click the Information tab

You can download the eZee Sprint maual here www.ezeebike.com/Sprint_User Manual.pdf

Last edited: