eZee Forza

WaiWonChing

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2007
Hi,

Here is a piece of mail I received a few days ago from Richard Peace, a professional cycling journalist.

France's Cycle Network - 2000km by Ezee Forza
By Cycle Author Richard Peace
In late 2007 I rode an Ezee Forza for 2000km plus through what has to be some of Europe's most glorious and varied scenery, on France's rapidly developing AF3V cycle route network, whilst researching a guidebook to the country's best routes. Towering Alpine peaks, Europe's longest beaches and biggest forests, some of the world's best vineyards, the glitz and beauty of the Cote D'Azur - the Forza easily powered it's way through all these and more. With a spare battery I was able to achieve 50-70 miles a day on a fully loaded bike, complete with camping gear. The Forza didn't miss a beat and as a long term bike tester I'd easily class it as the best electric bike for touring that I've tried. It has the ability to carry full touring loads quite easily over long distances - what more do you want? The '3V' of AF3V stands for voies vertes and veloroutes -- in other words greenways and bike routes (the 'bike routes' being a mixture of traffic-free routes, often on very easy gradients, and lightly trafficked minor roads). The greenways include converted disused railways, bike-friendly canal towpaths and traffic-free routes alongside major rivers. The bike also also tackled plenty of challengiong gradients too though, as the trip passed through the Alps and along the edge of the Pyrenees.
As a taster to get out there and explore, here's my choice of four of the best areas, based on my Ezee cycle-touring exploration of La Belle France south of the Loire.
Books Details -- Full Info On AF3v Routes South of the Loire In:
Cycling Southern France - Loire to Meditteranean
ISBN 978-1-901464-20-7.
RRP 12.95
Author Richard Peace,
Pub Excellent Books, 2008. Full-colour, 160 page, spiral bound guidebook including 1:200,000 Michelin mapping and descriptions for all major leisure routes between (and including) the Loire and the Med.
Available from:
In the UK- Cordee Cordee travel and adventure sports book shop 0116 2543579
In the US - Globe Corner Bookstore, Boston MA The Globe Corner Bookstores - Books and Maps for the Traveller (617) 497-6277 pcarrier@gcb.com
In France - via Rando Diffusion 4, rue Maye Lane 65421 IBOS c'dex 05 62 90 09 90 accueil@rando-diffusion.com

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Hi Mr Ching

Can you confirm if the Forza available from cyclepoint is de-restrictable. the web specification say it will do 20mph but there seems to be some confusion.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
WaiWon

Please can you advise us about getting spares for Ezee electric bikes? I sent an email to your company about getting a part for a Torq - can you send spares from China? Apparently it will be four to six weeks before a container of spares arrives in this country.

WaiWonChing

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2007
Hi,

I confirm the Forza currently in stock with Cyclepoint are de-restrictable.

Regret to admit that sufficient spares has not been prepared with this new start up for all the existing customers in UK, I apologise, and I will take action to immediately corrrect this situation as far as possible. I will air freight a couple of boxes over within next week. If anyone needs a part please inform Cyclepoint ASAP.

W W Ching

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Thanks - I have contacted Cyclepoint about the spares I need.

Terrytraveller

Pedelecer
May 22, 2008
Swindon
Well Done

Hi Mr Ching,

It's nice to see a manufacturer willing to come on a forum and talk to his customers. It says alot for your credibility - and to see that you are trying to put things right, where they may have gone wrong before.

I am looking for a new ebike for my wife to use and you are definately on my list again for the near future, but I do need a local supplier.

Best wishes Terry

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Hi,

Here is a piece of mail I received a few days ago from Richard Peace, a professional cycling journalist.

France's Cycle Network - 2000km by Ezee Forza
By Cycle Author Richard Peace
In late 2007 I rode an Ezee Forza for 2000km plus through what has to be some of Europe's most glorious and varied scenery, on France's rapidly developing AF3V cycle route network, whilst researching a guidebook to the country's best routes. Towering Alpine peaks, Europe's longest beaches and biggest forests, some of the world's best vineyards, the glitz and beauty of the Cote D'Azur - the Forza easily powered it's way through all these and more. With a spare battery I was able to achieve 50-70 miles a day on a fully loaded bike, complete with camping gear. The Forza didn't miss a beat and as a long term bike tester I'd easily class it as the best electric bike for touring that I've tried. It has the ability to carry full touring loads quite easily over long distances - what more do you want? The '3V' of AF3V stands for voies vertes and veloroutes -- in other words greenways and bike routes (the 'bike routes' being a mixture of traffic-free routes, often on very easy gradients, and lightly trafficked minor roads). The greenways include converted disused railways, bike-friendly canal towpaths and traffic-free routes alongside major rivers. The bike also also tackled plenty of challengiong gradients too though, as the trip passed through the Alps and along the edge of the Pyrenees.
As a taster to get out there and explore, here's my choice of four of the best areas, based on my Ezee cycle-touring exploration of La Belle France south of the Loire.
Books Details -- Full Info On AF3v Routes South of the Loire In:
Cycling Southern France - Loire to Meditteranean
ISBN 978-1-901464-20-7.
RRP 12.95
Author Richard Peace,
Pub Excellent Books, 2008. Full-colour, 160 page, spiral bound guidebook including 1:200,000 Michelin mapping and descriptions for all major leisure routes between (and including) the Loire and the Med.
Available from:
In the UK- Cordee Cordee travel and adventure sports book shop 0116 2543579
In the US - Globe Corner Bookstore, Boston MA The Globe Corner Bookstores - Books and Maps for the Traveller (617) 497-6277 pcarrier@gcb.com
In France - via Rando Diffusion 4, rue Maye Lane 65421 IBOS c'dex 05 62 90 09 90 accueil@rando-diffusion.com
Sounds very nice. I looked up the book on the link, and had a pleasant little daydream about having the summer off work to travel on those tracks... then unfortunately had to get on with my work!

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi,

I confirm the Forza currently in stock with Cyclepoint are de-restrictable.

Regret to admit that sufficient spares has not been prepared with this new start up for all the existing customers in UK, I apologise, and I will take action to immediately corrrect this situation as far as possible. I will air freight a couple of boxes over within next week. If anyone needs a part please inform Cyclepoint ASAP.

W W Ching
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

not liking the look of the forza i fancied the tork but a while back the talk was"going all legal and no more de ristricting"...has this been reveresed ?...