Ezee Liv 3 flashes on LED error

mercman696

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2007
Hi - I have an Ezee Liv, only a year old that has stopped working.
It worked perfectly until i braked and then no power went to the motor. Its fully charged ( i swapped the battery into my Torq ) and there is an error code of 3 flashing lights.

I have checked connections in the switched controller box and elsewhere but all seems fine. Green light shows on that box.

Any ideas?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Three flashes means brake cutout responsible, it hasn't allowed power to resume after letting go of the lever.

Try flicking the brake lever sharply a few times to allow it to slam back and break the sticky contact.

If that doesn't work, post back and I'll advise further.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Doubt it ...... bike probably out of warranty:D
OK, he should have bought a Wisper. They are, without doubt, the best ebike currently available to mankind. I doubt if anything will ever exceed them.........

Now can we give it a rest?

C

Cyclezee

How about David Miall for God or Prime Minister :eek: , maybe that would make Eddieo happy;) Doh......forgot somebody already has those jobs:D

J:) hn

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
it was a bit of light banter with Scatty.....hence the emotion. I did think twice but what the hell lets draw them out:p

obviously to old to interpret emotions.....sad init

As for bias you are both pretty brazen in your allegiances. But I'm different.... Ill buy the best bike for the money, whatever the manufacturer with the proviso that its not boring.

(sorry mercman, hope you get bike sorted soon)

Last edited:

mercman696

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2007
good news and bad news

thanks for the tip flecc - the problem is sticky contacts but alas flicking the brakes only eases the problem for one or two brakings and then the bike is dead again with the 3 flashing led warning.

No idea where the contacts are or how to ease them - help!

Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The contacts are usually sealed units in the handlebar brake levers just behind where the brake cable enters, and you'll see the cable emerging from them. I've never taken one of these out from the lever, they may be a fixture.

The cables from the contacts go into the meter box on the bars and terminate in a white nylon connector onto the circuit board. Its possible to unplug the offending one to get the bike going ok and I don't bother with one of mine that has failed the opposite way, not working at all. It's fiddly to open up the meter, necessary to take off cable bindings and unplug the large rubber grommet from the base, then undo the three tiny crosshead screws that hold the meter halves together. Then you'll be able to unplug the cable for the failed contact. The white nylon connectors are shown as 1 in this photo, number two is a loose nut, take care not to lose it when you take the meter of the bars. After unplugging check that yours runs ok before reassembling, mine does. Remove the battery before doing this work of course:

If you prefer to fit a new connector to the lever, check with Onbike, the eZee distributor who may have a new lever with cable for you or can advise on that.

Last edited: