Ezee Sprint, cheap for spares

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
ezee Sprint. New battery last summer, new charger in Jan 2014 much loved and always kept in the garage when not used which was only ever on sunny days - so very little at all. Controller is knackered and it will cost about £250 for repair OR a brand new bike without battery or charger would only cost you £450 according to the excellent John at Cycleezee in MK. John serviced it and fitted the new battery last year, top chap; great service always. We have now moved house so we're a bit too far from MK hence I am buying a new electric moped locally. Collect from Chapel St Leonards or I can deliver it for diesel cost in Skegness area. It's on eBay for £199. The battery plus charger alone would cost you more than that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

£250 for a new controller? Are you sure?

You don't have to use an Ezee controller if that price is correct. You can use a better controller with a nice LCD that would cost about £60.

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
You have to have new lights and such as well because it's the old model and the new kit is different. They don't make the old type anymore.
I'm going off what John has told me and, pragmatically; MK is too far for me to take it in for servicing now. We used to live in Leicester which was dead easy but have retired to the seaside. I am taking a hit on this to buy something from a local firm for ease of getting it serviced and such.
Anybody who can fix it themself has got a bargain or a new one from John without battery and charger for £450 is still a steal plus you'll have all the kit on this one for spares. The tyres are great it has new inners and Slime from last year's service and, apart from not working; it looks like it did when it was new.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm with d8veh change for new controller/lcd kit the lights will be an easy cheap issue to deal with once the bike is up and running.

How about a link to the bike in case any one is interested.

C

Cyclezee

If I may just correct something slightly misleading, an eZee controller on it's own is £90 inc. VAT, not £250.

However the Sprint, if I remember correctly, is getting on for 10 years old, there have been a lot of changes since then, so it is not quite as simple as just changing the controller.
A controller upgrade kit comprising the latest controller, new wiring loom with Julet connectors, LED console, brake levers with cut offs, handle bar grips, pedelec sensor, magnet disc, etc., comes to £150 including VAT + labour. Both parts and labour are guaranteed.

Of course if you can and want to DIY you can get cheaper components and labour would cost you nothing.
Alternatively we can supply a compatible eZee upgrade kit for anyone to DIY.

The bottom line is I'm running a business in the real world not a charity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pdarnett and oldtom