eZee Sprint vs Quando

mercman696

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2007
Is the sprint worth the extra £150 ? Rider would be 5.6 tall lady in town conditions with some hills to climb.

Advice from old hands appreciated.

ta

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
The biggest difference is that the Sprint has a 7 speed hub gear while the Quando is single speed. In spite of the single gear the Quando is a good hill climber, requiring little rider input on all but the steepest hills, but that single gear does limit the maximum speed at which it can be pedalled.
The Sprint too is a good hill climber but the wide gear range makes it easier for the rider to help the motor out on the steeper hills and also enables the rider to pedal well beyond the motors maximum speed of approx 16mph.
A 5' 6" rider should fit either bike although anyone much smaller may find the Sprint and Quando a bit big, there is the Quando II designed for shorter riders.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As a Quando owner before adding gears to it to make the Q bike, I'd say the Sprint is easily worth the extra if it can be afforded, simply because of the gears.

A 7 speed gear hub will cost the majority of that £150 just to buy anyway.

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
As a 5'6" Sprint owner, I find it a first class ride. I have no experience with the Quando. However, I do find that the seven speed gearbox is useful. i would hate to think that i was restricted to the single gear. From posts I've read concerning the Quando, it appears a capable bike. The main Sprint advantage to me would be the larger wheels. I find small wheels make the ride bumpier and more jarring.

Sector

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2007
Leicestershire Le8
Foldable Quando

Yes, I too would like the extra gears of the Sprint, and proper length cranks would be good, but otherwise I'm very happy with the Quando. Actually I like the simplicity of the machine.

The foldability of the Quando is important to me. I wouldn't want to carry it far, but it goes into the back of a small hatchback very easily. You can drive to the outskirts for a city shopping trip, then ride the cyclepaths to the centre of the city. I wouldn't be able to do that with a Sprint.

I also have a contingency plan to deal with any breakdowns or motor-wheel puntures that I don't fancy mending at the side of the road. This involves phoning my wife, friend or a taxi to come and get me. This is much more practical wth a folding bike.

I used to have a Brompton and a mountain bike. Faced with making a choice between the two for a ride I rarely chose the Brompton. Now I have a Quando and a mountain bike and the mountain bike hasn't been out of the garage for ages.

I'm not your average cyclist, as you will see from my other posts if you care to look, so this is a biased view. However I can confirm, above everything else, that the Quando is great fun. It has a unique mix of capabilites that cannot be found anywhere else.

Pete (Sector)