Fat nutcase rides at me on a ebike

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
I wasn't expecting this at all. It could have ended badly for both of us.

This fat nuttter on what looks like a stealth bomber (?) or something, suddenly rides at me from the other side of the road. He wasn't pedalling.

There are clearer stills of this dangerous fat fool and whatever his bike is, at the end of the video. WTF? Very alarming...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hand the video and stills to the police since he failed to leave the Highway Code 1.5 metres distance when passing bicycles.

He can be charged under the 1861 act for Wanton and Furious Cycling.

Reactions: Stan464

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fat!!! I think the medical profession would say he is obese.
From the clip the riding wasn't a deliberate act aimed against you, it is just poor inappropriate riding technique on a moped. Passing on the wrong side of the road and the passing distance are both in question but whether plod will act is another thing. Finding the guy shouldn't be too hard one expects.

• Agree
Reactions: Stan464 and flecc

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
That road is a little slim for traffic islands. Quite often at night, vehicles overtake me using the opposite lane.

I was riding middle lane, having checked my rear view for cars behind me, so didn't see him at this point where he's keeping up with traffic.

But then I see this blubbery imbecile on a illegal ebike travelling a lot faster than 15.5mph

It's one of those stealth bomber style bikes with the huge mid-frame battery

This experience was hairier than his legs were

Hand the video and stills to the police since he failed to leave the Highway Code 1.5 metres distance when passing bicycles.

He can be charged under the 1861 act for Wanton and Furious Cycling.
He could easily catch me up to mete out wobbly sweaty revenge "Snitches get stitches"... I don't know if the Police would be interested.

Fat!!! I think the medical profession would say he is obese.
From the clip the riding wasn't a deliberate act aimed against you, it is just poor inappropriate riding technique on a moped. Passing on the wrong side of the road and the passing distance are both in question but whether plod will act is another thing. Finding the guy shouldn't be too hard one expects.
It's nice to see people pretending to exercise. I don't think there are sufficient Police, how would they even find him? I'm starting to think number plates for cyclists is a good idea, if they're not fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan464

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Ignoring the twist and go aspect of that ebike I've done that. I've used the marked section in the middle of the road so as not to slow traffic on my left and then moved towards the other lane so I can then cross that lane and get to the pavement on the other side rather than go to the left and wait to cross both lanes of that road. Of course from that video I don't know if that cyclist is just continuing on the wrong side of the road in the wrong direction or actually crossing over onto the pavement but I've done that when I wanted to get onto the pavement. There looks like an easy 1.5metres of distance to me and is still in the opposite lane anyway.

I see far worse than this all the time. I must admit I ride on pavements up hill not marked as cycle lanes just so I don't slow the traffic on the road, of course if there are pedestrians on the pavement I don't. I also sometimes nip onto the pavement to bypass traffic lights and then go straight back onto the road after the traffic lights. Surely that is one of the big benefits of having a bicycle to give yourself a few advantages. I never compromise pedestrian safety though.

Surely the big issue here is the legality of that ebike, he is a very heavy rider and that ebike is going fast on throttle alone, it looks way more powerful than 250W with a 15.5mph assistance limit. It certainly doesn't look like an ebike that predates 2017 either to allow for twist and go throttles.

That is a rider that really needs to be turning those cranks, the size of the legs look huge, he is more Bowyer sausage than man and I write that as an obese rider myself. He is never going to start losing that weight if he expects the ebike to do all the work. Use your own power for the flats and use motor assistance for the hills thats how you lose weight on an ebike.

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017 and robert44

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Of course from that video I don't know if that cyclist is just continuing on the wrong side of the road in the wrong direction or actually crossing over onto the pavement
I wonder if he was weaving out of traffic, to weave back in again? He was (even more) round the bend at that point, and I doubt that I would have been able to see what he did next, even if I had looked instead of muttering "WTF!" to myself and shaking my head in disbelief.

Such sizable momentum would substantially damage anything or anyone this lard missle collides with.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Personally second @Bonzo Banana - I see your gripe, but I would only be concerned if it was an illegal motorbike or a car. I try an anticipate what others will do an avoid risk. What time of day was it? maybe Maccy D's was calling time on the breakfast service.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Personally second @Bonzo Banana - I see your gripe, but I would only be concerned if it was an illegal motorbike or a car. I try an anticipate what others will do an avoid risk. What time of day was it? maybe Maccy D's was calling time on the breakfast service.
I've got to watch out for ballistic michelin men too? I'd have spotted him instantly, if he'd had stripes. 6.32pm/pizza-o-clock

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If he went to one of them they would have to shut down to await restocking.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
One of our locals was out of burgers early June, he could of been visiting...
Every burger I ever ate flashed before my eyes. I knew lard would kill me eventually.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Cops will go apeshit when they see this monkey business