Faulty Ezee kit

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Hoping for some help....

I have a Mk2 Ezee kit which has been pretty good for a fair few miles but has developed a problem.

As soon as you turn it on the motor turns; not especially fast but it's still dangerous. The pedelec sensor doesn't work but the throttle still does.

This is not a completely constant problem, it was intermittent but is getting worse and worse.

I have tried disconnecting the throttle and also the pedelec sensor but it makes no difference. I'm thinking the controller may be knackered....any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Try a simple solution first, unplug every connection & check for water droplets, spray each with wd40 and re connect and test. Open up the controller and check for water as before, if water is present leave the circuit board in dry rice overnight, these suggestions will do no harm. Post back for more help.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I would look at the throttle wires,sounds more like wires touching together somewhere,i would guess the wiring has rubbed somewhere or a wire has come loose,controllers usually stop the bike from working if faulty.

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Thanks for the replies. The problem I'm having is that the ezee kit consists of the controller plus handlebar mounted led display. Everything else just plugs in.

I have dismantled the whole thing and looked inside the controller and display, there is no sign of water ingress anywhere. All the connectors are bone dry and there is no sign of damage to any wiring.

If I just plug the controller into the power with all ancillaries disconnected (throttle, pedelec and brake cutouts) the led display boots up fine. As soon as I select the lowest power level the motor starts spinning.

So either the led display control box, the wiring or the controller are toasted. Very hard to identify which one.

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
So I've ordered a new controller, wiring harness and console, by process of elimination I'll see which one is faulty and return what I don't need.

Cyclezee has been a great help with this. Fantastic customer service!

Reactions: falmouthtony

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
In case anyone has the same issue it turns out it's not the controller. Replacing the console/wiring loom has fixed the issue. There is no visible damage to any wiring but I have my suspicions with the junction box where all the wires converge before entering the console.