Field data analysis Impulse2.0 from Focus / Kalkhoff - please help

redalexx

Pedelecer
Hi,

I'm collecting some field data from the Impulse2.0 motor. Yes, I have also problems with my bike. When I bought my bike, the Derby support wrote that the motor can work for 30.000km. :confused: SURE! So what I'm interested in is:

- # installed motor, i.e. 1st / 2nd / 3rd /....
- Mileage of changed/damaged motor
- Current Mileage of the still working motor
- date of when bike bought or when motor changed
- Short failure description (freewheel or pawl damaged / clack noise / creak noise / etc. startet xx miles ago)

Very important, please write also your current mileage of motor without failure. You can post the data here in the forum, write PM or insert it in my table, Link below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQ6DqHS4uXCNybjnlXZD3dOU_ylw5Qwsc0_89coCsF0/edit#gid=0https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQ6DqHS4uXCNybjnlXZD3dOU_ylw5Qwsc0_89coCsF0/edit#gid=0

-------------------------------------------
Example of my data:
Focus Crater Lake bought in 03/2015
- 1st motor changed (03/2015) after motor mileage 120km due to creak noise and vibration in POWER mode
- 2nd motor changed (09/2015) after motor mileage 3.180km - same failure
- 3rd motor changed (09/2015) at dealers test ride due to same failure (possibly they tried to fix the 2nd motor)
- 4th motor repaired (08/2016) after motor mileage 5.100km - broken pawls, freewheel locked
- 5th motor still working, current mileage is 500km but from beginning I have the light creak noise and vibrations in POWER mode
-------------------------------------------

I need just several facts, not more. WHY THIS ?? They are used for statistical analysis for the different failure mechanisms. Also possible is to show the ppm failure rate when enough data available. BIG TARGET: Compare the lifetime of several motor systems, i.e. Bosch CX with Impulse2.

@Tomtomato you collected already some information but I could not find it, maybe you can add your data here or write PM?

Thanks to you all.

Alex

Questens regarding this? redalexx@gmx.de or PM. You are not allone! My failures below. ENJOY!

2nd motor

2nd motor @ 3.000km

4th motor @ 5.000km

5th motor @ 40km

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The noises in the videos are the exact ones mine made when they failed.I have had three failures on two different models kalkhoff and focus.Don`t know the exact mileage on each one but it was low.