Fiido D4S Price?

RHB123

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2022
Does anyone know a UK seller of this bike please? Many people are quoting saying they can buy for around £600 new, but I've not seen any at that price? Any help gratefully accepted thanks. :) Richard.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Many people are quoting saying they can buy for around £600 new,
Who are the "many people" saying that?

Bicycleland and Vive were the two best known UK retailers for reselling Fiido (both East London); Vive sold a few below normal prices before they went out of business. It's often possible to import from overseas for less apparent cost, but (if it's caught) subject to UK import fees/taxes and VAT. Most of the high-profile whingers are those that imported to save a few bucks, and now find support lacking/non-existent.

TBH, you're dicing with the unknown to buy from any unauthorised supplier: IMHO your best bet by far is to buy direct from Fiido. They hold and ship stock direct from their own UK warehouse, and there won't be any issue with warranty/support.

Direct from Fiido it's currently £655 here.

Reactions: RHB123

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Can full mudguards be fitted to the Fiido X, M1 Pro, D11, D21, D4S, M21 and M1? I find the lack of full mudgaurds on modern folding bike designs wildly annoying - it's like they design exclusively for use in California. After a ride in the rain, I'd prefer not dismounting a bike looking like I've both pissed and shat myself. When I haven't, honest.

Last edited:

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
AFAIK, all Fiido bikes come with mudguards in the box, although usually not already fitted. Some are more effective than others. The D4s has pretty good ones, shown fitted on their product page linked above.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

RHB123

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2022
AFAIK, all Fiido bikes come with mudguards in the box, although usually not already fitted. Some are more effective than others. The D4s has pretty good ones, shown fitted on their product page linked above.
So all said, would you say now the price has come down a bit, is the D11 much better than the DFS. To be honest, I don't need a folding bike at all, mine will never be folded. But its the style and price I like Buddy?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
For my commuting use, I'd be happy with a D4S, but preferred the D11 as it's a bit lighter and cost wasn't an issue for me. It's been great for that.

For your use (Canal riding), I'd buy the RadRhino as you were thinking, except I wouldn't want to be manhandling 33kg at age 70 up and down steps and ramps and other obstructions you often find along canals (I'm basing this on a 30-mile section of the Grand Union I cycled), so maybe something similar but lighter to handle? I have two other larger wheel e-bikes for leisure, and all my bikes have been along rough tracks and canal paths. The Fiido is 17.5kg and light to swing around, but small wheels and absent suspension is a bit of a trial/hard going with prolonged use on rough/pot-holed/unsurfaced canal & railway & field tracks, but can be done. My other e-bikes are full-size hybrid framed and weigh circa 20-22kg: They handle better with bigger 700c wheels and front suspension for that style of outing, and are more easily carried up/down steps and stairs, which you often need to get onto, off, and when crossing over canal towpaths.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

RHB123

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2022
You can see that your experience asks the questions I'd forget to ask. Thanks I'll see what after-service is available with the Rad bike's. After sales support is important to someone like me with little skills in DIY. Grateful for all your kind kelp and support mate.